No announcement yet.

Redskins Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So based on that past behavior, do we remove all reference to Native Americans, or do we chalk it up to common behavior those times? I’ll hang up and listen.

Comment

• Yes chattel slavery was utilized as a form of European assimilation post European contact. And don’t conflate plains and mountain tribes with meso-American tribes, that did use the chattel form. I stand by my statement as it is reinforced with the link.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
        Yes chattel slavery was utilized as a form of European assimilation post European contact. And don’t conflate plains and mountain tribes with meso-American tribes, that did use the chattel form. I stand by my statement as it is reinforced with the link.
        Which tribe does Redskin refer to? Is it Meso-American, plains, or mountain? What about Pacific Northwestern Tribes? Did they partake in any of these activities? How about the Atlantic Coastal tribes? What about the actions of the Cherokee vs the Pawnee?

Are Clovis people Redskins or are they Asian? Did Asians partake in slavery?

What about Nigerians vs Egyptians? Congolese? Were all of them assimilated, treated as chattel or exterminated?

People from the Barberry coast, should they be remembered or taken down? How about the Japanese and their extermination of other Asian cultures in the last century?

WHERE DOES THIS END!
        Livin the dream

Comment

• I am truly sorry that you cannot find even so much as an inkling of rational thought that the term, which I have personally experienced, may be derogatory in context and through the passage of time. That is on you and has nothing to do with “where does this end?”

Be well and stay safe.
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• nm
            Last edited by wufan; July 12, 2020, 08:05 AM.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...=snd-autopilot

not sure where to put this

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                A fine and reprimand seems appropriate. It’s okay to call out speech that your organization disagrees with. It’s okay for disagreeable speech to be uttered. It’s not good to fire or ostracize people. If he were fired, where would he turn? He would turn to those organizations that have those terrible beliefs for security and community.

This needs to be the model for everyone.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Great find and great article.

Originally posted by wufan View Post

A fine and reprimand seems appropriate. It’s okay to call out speech that your organization disagrees with. It’s okay for disagreeable speech to be uttered. It’s not good to fire or ostracize people. If he were fired, where would he turn? He would turn to those organizations that have those terrible beliefs for security and community.

This needs to be the model for everyone.
                  I agree. It doesn't matter what nationality, creed, or race, people need to learn. Not giving the chance to learn only leads to more hate on both sides. Some people can understand and change quickly, others cannot, for many, many reasons, some of it not of their own doing.

Comment

• They should rename as the Washington Internal Polls. They'd always be ahead.
                    Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
                      They should rename as the Washington Internal Polls. They'd always be ahead.
                      How about the Washington Deep Staters?

Comment

• Washington Bandits, Washington Lifers, Washington Professional Campaigners, Washington Crooks, Washington Angry White Guys, Washington Liars...

Comment

• Washington Lewinsky's

Comment

• DC Cronies

Comment

• Dividers, Blame Shifters, too many to choose from.

Comment

• Change the Redskins name, not because American Indians thought it was disrespectful, but because white leftist loons thought it was disrespectful.

Comment

Working...
                                X