KC CHIEFS: Wk 5 vs Tenn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
    The Chiefs offense is painful to watch. Painful. Did you see Tennessee consistently playing their safeties 10 yards off the line of scrimmage? This tells you a couple of things, the Chiefs offense is incapable of downfield throws and the other team knows it.

Next year's draft, trade up, make a deal. something to get USC's Marqise Lee or Clemson's Sammy Watkins. Preferably, Lee. The other thing, get a complimentary corner for Mr. Flowers.

I'm giving Kudos to Andy Reid for scheming a game plan for the offense to make time consuming drives. Because this team is pathetic on offense and cannot afford to get into a high scoring affair. If the D can stay healthy all year, it will give the Chiefs a chance to make noise.
    Dude, you have no idea what you are talking about. This idiocracy is why I stay away from chiefs threads on this board.
    1) did you not see that 45 yd catch? There was no yac. Pure throw. It's not inability. If you knew anything about football you would see that. It's insecurity, and ball security. We are 5-0 with this style, so I see nothing wrong with it.
    2) Sean Smith has been as good or better than Carr ever was with us. AND Marcus Cooper was playing the right side while flowers covered slot. Marcus Cooper is good.
    3) I would say Tyler Bray but he is dumber than a box of rocks. Alex Smith is just fine until we find a knock out QB. No need to take chances early in the draft.

Why can't you just enjoy it without always being negative? We have the best D in the nfl. No contest. Just enjoy it.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
      The Chiefs offense is painful to watch. Painful. Did you see Tennessee consistently playing their safeties 10 yards off the line of scrimmage? This tells you a couple of things, the Chiefs offense is incapable of downfield throws and the other team knows it.

Next year's draft, trade up, make a deal. something to get USC's Marqise Lee or Clemson's Sammy Watkins. Preferably, Lee. The other thing, get a complimentary corner for Mr. Flowers.

I'm giving Kudos to Andy Reid for scheming a game plan for the offense to make time consuming drives. Because this team is pathetic on offense and cannot afford to get into a high scoring affair. If the D can stay healthy all year, it will give the Chiefs a chance to make noise.
      Not everyone can light it up like Peyton.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

KC has a point about the offense though. I'm fine with playing smart and ball control, but they need to open it up a little bit more. Especially when the teams we face will be a little better. We're 5-0 which is great, but lets not kid ourselves, we've had a pretty easy schedule. Our defense has been strong and will be what wins games for us, but the offense has to be able to do a little more. And if nothing else, they need to be able to open up the passing game a little so that Charles can have a little more success on the ground.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Not only does Cooper wear 31 but he reminds me a lot of Kevin Ross. He plays a lot like the way Ross played.
          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

The protection is ok but not as good as they need. The 45 yd pass was a 3 step drop pass (which on the goaline is a good idea). They aren't real successful on the 7 step drop passing game. The line is part of the problem(because they are inconsistent) and I'm also not a fan of the Bowe signing (if they paid him 28m guaranteed). He's very limited speed wise, and they are crowding him and being physical on him. He isn't stepping up yet. I will admit that I also said this about him last year and he played a portion of the year very well. Maybe he can do it but somebody needs to challenge him.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              KC has a point about the offense though. I'm fine with playing smart and ball control, but they need to open it up a little bit more. Especially when the teams we face will be a little better. We're 5-0 which is great, but lets not kid ourselves, we've had a pretty easy schedule. Our defense has been strong and will be what wins games for us, but the offense has to be able to do a little more. And if nothing else, they need to be able to open up the passing game a little so that Charles can have a little more success on the ground.
              The way the schedule is set up the Chiefs could be 9-0 or 8-1 going into the bye week and end the season at 9-7.

vs Oakland (2-3)
              vs Houston (2-3)
              vs Cleavland (3-2)
              @ Buffalo (2-3)

@ Denver (5-0)
              vs San Diego (2-3)
              vs Denver (5-0)
              @ Washington (1-3)
              @ Oakland (2-3)
              vs Indy (4-1)
              @ San Diego (2-3)

Three tough games (Denver x2 and Indy). Road games at SD and Oakland are never easy. @Washington with RGIII getting healthy.
              Last edited by jdmee; October 7, 2013, 08:08 AM.

Comment

so KC loses out after the bye? unlikely. I like Denver out of the bye, and the quick turnaround on them. smooth sailing after week 13.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

We really have been blessed with an easy schedule this year. But I guess that's what you get for sucking ass the previous year. Lets just say that our record, no matter what it ends up being, will probably be better than the actual team. Don't get me wrong, we've definitely improved as a team, but we're one of three undefeated teams left and we know we're not one of the three best teams in the NFL this season.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

We really have been blessed with an easy schedule this year. But I guess that's what you get for sucking ass the previous year. Lets just say that our record, no matter what it ends up being, will probably be better than the actual team. Don't get me wrong, we've definitely improved as a team, but we're one of three undefeated teams left and we know we're not one of the three best teams in the NFL this season.
                    You are more pessimistic than realistic. Tennessee (very good defense) and Dallas are both 3-2 and very good. KC will be very good at home and always have a good chance on the road because they have such a good defense. Not that many quality NFL teams to begin with. They'll win 3 or so after the bye.

Comment

KC has the best defense in the league. They have a Top 5 coach, Top 5 QB over the last ~12, Top 5 RB, Top 10 WR, and an awesome 3rd string TE that is tearing it up. They are finally doing what everyone said they had the talent to do, and all you people do is *****. They are winning. The QB is making very few mistakes.
                      STFU with this "We improved, but we still suck" crap. Compare the last-decade-Baltimore to KC. Game manager at QB, great run game, vaunted defense, 4 division championships, 7 playoff appearances, 1 AFC Championship, and a Superbowl win. You want to whine and moan? Go sit with Scott Pioli and the Patriot Way. KC is going the Baltimore way, and i don't care if we don't have peyton manning or tom brady at QB if it means a Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                        KC has the best defense in the league. They have a Top 5 coach, Top 5 QB over the last ~12, Top 5 RB, Top 10 WR, and an awesome 3rd string TE that is tearing it up. They are finally doing what everyone said they had the talent to do, and all you people do is *****. They are winning. The QB is making very few mistakes.
                        STFU with this "We improved, but we still suck" crap. Compare the last-decade-Baltimore to KC. Game manager at QB, great run game, vaunted defense, 4 division championships, 7 playoff appearances, 1 AFC Championship, and a Superbowl win. You want to whine and moan? Go sit with Scott Pioli and the Patriot Way. KC is going the Baltimore way, and i don't care if we don't have peyton manning or tom brady at QB if it means a Super Bowl.
                        You must have your head up a unicorns ass. Nobody has said we suck. Most have said we're not as good as our record. I haven't talked to a single fan that believes this is a Super Bowl contender this year. And I'm not sure I'd rate Bowe as a Top 10 WR.

You do seem to get off on bitching about people "bitching" so have at it. I'd hate to do anything to take away your one joy in life. And I'm not sure what Scott Pioli has to do with anything here. I stopped watching the Chiefs every week like I had for years because of his dumb ass. I'm happy with the direction we're headed, but this isn't the year it's going to happen. So take a chill pill and calm the F down.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                          You know you can get a point across on here without attacking other posters, right?.

You must have your head up a unicorns ass. Nobody has said we suck. Most have said we're not as good as our record. I haven't talked to a single fan that believes this is a Super Bowl contender this year. And I'm not sure I'd rate Bowe as a Top 10 WR.

You do seem to get off on bitching about people "bitching" so have at it. I'd hate to do anything to take away your one joy in life. And I'm not sure what Scott Pioli has to do with anything here. I stopped watching the Chiefs every week like I had for years because of his dumb ass. I'm happy with the direction we're headed, but this isn't the year it's going to happen. So take a chill pill and calm the F down.
                          I wouldn't call us a Super Bowl contender, but once you get to the playoffs, anything can happen. You can make it there with some amazing teams and lose immediately (like the Chiefs in the 90's), or you can make it there with a decent team and win it all (recent Giants teams for example). I think our offense will continue to improve and our defense is definitely capable of holding teams, so if we keep it up and make it to the playoffs, who knows what can happen.

Our schedule hasn't been tough, I'll agree with you, but I think we have the potential to beat good teams if the offense keeps developing. The Broncos D gave up 48 to the Cowboys, there's definitely a chance our offense can score a bunch on them if they continue to improve. I like our chances on defense against the Broncos, I think our secondary will keep their receivers in check until our pass rush gets to him. Manning will get his points, but hopefully he takes a lot of hits while doing it and loses some of his effectiveness.

We should beat the Raiders and Texans in the next two weeks if we want to be good. What's funny is the Browns game might be the toughest before the bye.

Comment

The Denver game will be interesting as it'll be strength against strength and weakness against weakness. The one thing I can guarantee about that game is that we'll have the better Colquitt.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I don't think that we are as good as Denver but right now, they are probably a Super Bowl team. KC still has a chance to beat them at home. Payton is easily the best quarterback in the NFL. When they get Von Miller back, they are probably better but games are still won on the field and KC's defense will still be much better than Denver.
                              Prior to the season, I'd have predicted 8-9 wins but after 5-0, KC may be able to win 10-11.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                I don't think that we are as good as Denver but right now, they are probably a Super Bowl team. KC still has a chance to beat them at home. Payton is easily the best quarterback in the NFL. When they get Von Miller back, they are probably better but games are still won on the field and KC's defense will still be much better than Denver.
                                Prior to the season, I'd have predicted 8-9 wins but after 5-0, KC may be able to win 10-11.
                                Don't forget Champ Bailey. He isn't horrible either. Also, before you read too much into yesterday's defensive debacle, consider that three other key guys (Woodyard, Harris, and Ayers) also missed a good portion of yesterday's game with injury. I still think Denver's D has questions, but after realizing the additional injuries after the game, the defensive issues yesterday at least make a little more sense.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X