Michael Jordan vs Kobe Bryant Mashup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Jordan vs Kobe Bryant Mashup

There are two really cool videos showing just how closely MJ and Kobe's styles are. It's crazy.

The first one:

The second one:

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

"He stole my moves" MJ said this about Kobe.

Comment

Kobe is a copycat. You can't blame him for wanting to be like Mike, but he's not on the same level.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If Kobe isn't on the same level, then nobody...NOBODY...is either. To be the greatest player ever not named Michael Jordan isn't a bad thing at all.

I think I have heard MJ say before that he calls Kobe the best (other than him) because Kobe works and prepares like nobody. There are stories of his 4 AM workouts before Olympics team scrimmages. Ridiculous. If you want to be the best, that's how you have to work.

A lot is made of Kobe's attitude and that he isn't the best guy or teammate. I certainly won't disagree with that, but there is something to having that kind of demeanor to be the greatest. To be the greatest ever in anything, you need to have a supreme amount of self confidence...which sometimes lead to jerkness. You need to have the attitude of "I won't just beat you...I will pummel you." MJ wasn't a warm, fuzzy competitor either. I remember once hearing a story about Tiger Woods (before the Thanksgiving debacle) where a guy met up with him for lunch and golf. During lunch, Tiger was funny, engaging, and pleasant. Once the two hit the driving range, Tiger's demeanor changed as he went into competition mode. Go ask any wide receiver from the last several years from Indianapolis or Denver what Peyton Manning is like during practice. I bet he doesn't hold hands and sing Kumbaya. It is that lack of nastiness that makes me think that Perry Ellis will never be great. He can certainly have a good college career, but everything I have heard and read seems to make him to be a nice, quiet guy....great for being likable but not great for being a elite basketball talent.

Obviously, there can be some exceptions to that rule...but all in all, to be the greatest, you cannot always be out to make friends. I don't necessarily mind guys being jerks on the field if it is in a way where they'll hold themselves accountable first. Guys who berate teammates or make excuses when they aren't playing well either are dumb, but being intense and competitive isn't always a bad thing.
        78-65

Comment

Let's not forget that Michael and Steve Kerr got in a fight in practice.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Michael was also quick to apologize for that as Kerr had a message waiting for him as soon as he got home.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Michael was also quick to apologize for that as Kerr had a message waiting for him as soon as he got home.
              Was X there?
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I don't think X has ever apologized to anyone for anything.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  I don't think X has ever apologized to anyone for anything.
                  Just like Chuck Norris!

Comment

well if steve kerr sent X to my house, i would be pretty quick to apologize too.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I posted this article in another thread on this board that compared Kobe to Michael, but it is a good read. Kobe may imitate Michael's game, but by every objective standard Michael was better.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

A new mashup! So cool to watch these:

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Cool, but I will still take MJ seven days a week.

Comment

MJ is a pretty good guy to model your game after for sure.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                            X