Would You Quit Choking that Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Quit Choking that Chicken

That's an actual line from a Rusty Eck ad that ran on the Chiefs game tonight. There were two mascots shown, one was a chicken, the other had hands on the chicken's throat, but still...

...that's just wrong.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

They're just following the trend of being as edgy and inappropriate as they can get away with. I find the trend sickening.

I saw a Jimmy Johns commercial last week that made me cringe with my 13 year-old son sitting next to me. I eat there for lunch once every couple of weeks. That rate may go down significantly now. I found their in-store signs humorous, but when they start acting out those slogans in video form on regular, prime-time TV, it crossed a line with me.

Comment

I ate at Jimmy Johns once. Mediocre at best.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        They're just following the trend of being as edgy and inappropriate as they can get away with. I find the trend sickening.
        Thank you.

I used to consider the movie Idiocracy one of the top 10 dumbest movies ever made. I was embarrassed to admit I watched it. But now I am starting to think it may be in the top 10 most genius movies ever made and I recommend everyone watch it. Please keep in mind it was released in 2006. So it was conceived well before then. It's the next generation's "1984", maybe?

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I saw a Jimmy Johns commercial last week that made me cringe with my 13 year-old son sitting next to me. I eat there for lunch once every couple of weeks. That rate may go down significantly now. I found their in-store signs humorous, but when they start acting out those slogans in video form on regular, prime-time TV, it crossed a line with me.
          Does anyone remember that Terrell Owens Monday Night Football commercial a few years ago? He got criticized by a bunch of people for that. Then I saw that Jimmy John's commercial last week, which is very similar to that TO commercial, and I haven't even heard a single thing about it. It's pretty sad.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            I ate at Jimmy Johns once. Mediocre at best.
            Id say the same thing. I honestly don't know what the thing is that keeps them in business. It was fine, but it was the bottom of the chain for me with Goodcents, Subway and Quiznos.

I would say the things Jimmy Johns does well are all appearanced based like commercials, branding and then the in-store cosmetics.

The food and service must be where they balance those expenses back out :)

Comment

I go to City Bites for all my sandwhich needs.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
              X