Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korleone Young

Story on Korleone on Grantland.com.

I just started reading it but figured it would be of interest.

that's messed up.

Comment

Just read the article as well. I remember playing against Korleone in high school as well as in the 3 on 3 Keeper of the Hoop tournament. He was a man among boys. Sad to see how things turned out.

Comment

This is what happens when you listen to the wrong people. Young may have made it had he gone to college, but he's been totally messed up ever since and made a ton of piss poor decisions. Was there anyone outside of Myron that thought he should have jumped? All I can remember when hearing it initially is what a mistake it was and that he wasn't ready for it. Turned out everyone else was right. I hope he really does get some things figured out and makes better decisions for himself, but I don't have high hopes.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Korleone seems to be blaming his agent and still has a soft spot for Piggie. I wonder how involved Piggie still is in Korleone's life now that there's nothinig to gain?

Comment

Heckuva a story. I hope Korleone spends a lot more time listening to his pastor so he can get his life on track. He probably has a LOT to offer in the basketball world still -- albeit in a completely different capacity than he would have thought -- if he can get squared away.

Thanks for posting @RoyalShock:.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

A anecdote of my first and only experience with KY. I was dispatched to a domestic violence call at Carlos O'Kelly's at 29th and Rock waaay back when. Upon arrival, the staff guides me to a booth where KY and his girlfriend were sitting. I interviewed KY and learned that his ex-girlfriend was none too happy about him being with a new girl, and having struck it rich with that NBA money and she wasn't getting any of it. Anyways, she learned that KY and his new girl were at Carlos' and went up there to confront the two. Long story short, nothing physical occurred, just some foul language by the ex toward the both of them. The ex had split when she discovered the Police were called. After my investigation concluded, I walked out with KY toward his new Ford Explorer, he opened up the back of the SUV and pulled out a pair of the biggest pair of basketball shoes I've ever seen. He asked if I had a pen as he wanted to autograph the shoes and give them to me. I respectfully declined his gesture, told him and his girlfriend to have a good evening and parted ways. Seemed like a good enough guy during our short interaction, but of course I was wearing a badge so that probably had something to do with it.

Comment

Working...
              X