KC CHIEFS: Wk 3 vs Philly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    I've been wondering if that is the thing Alex Smith brings to the table. A QB who doesn't turn the ball over will win games even if he isn't particularly incredible at any other thing.

I haven't followed his career much, but is that right?

Cassel might have 3 fumbles and 6 interceptions by this point in the season... Probably a 1-2 chiefs team as well.
    That was not his MO in his early seasons in the league. His first season he had 1 TD and 11 INT. Next season 18 and 18. It's really been that last 3-4 years that he has become excellent at not turning the ball over.

Those early struggle years taught him well.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Played three bad teams and won. Nice job KC

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
        It would seem your definition of "bad" is anybody KC beats.

Comment

Same thing next week when an 0-3 or at best 1-2 Giants team comes to town.

No one we beat is any good. And when we beat the Broncos, it will be because they played badly, or the injuries to the OL, or the rain, or the heat.

We are 3-0. It doesnt matter who we beat. We can only beat the teams we are scheduled to play.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Great start for the Chiefs. No turnovers again. This team simply will not beat itself. Winning the turnover battle is a big factor in the NFL and the Chiefs have all of a sudden become extremely proficient at protecting the oblong object.
            That sounds alot like the KC teams of the 90s under Schottenheimer. Along with using an 49er QB (Deberg, Montana, Grbac)

Comment

Good win, but +5 on turnovers? Ya better win that one.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                At worst, it means kc is not at the bottom of the dumpster anymore even if you are right. Is that not still kind of worth celebrating?

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                  That sounds alot like the KC teams of the 90s under Schottenheimer. Along with using an 49er QB (Deberg, Montana, Grbac)
                  I seem to recall turnover margin being a major focus of Marty-ball.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    I seem to recall turnover margin being a major focus of Marty-ball.
                    That and ball control.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Cheifs fans have short memories, in 2010 we started 3-0 too.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

3-0. I'll take it.

Comment

I'll take 3-0 as well. They haven't looked like world beaters but they aren't beating themselves which is a huge improvement over the last several years. Its all about taking the next step and the Chiefs have been taking small ones but always in a forward motion. They need wins like this because the schedule starts to get harder after next week.

Comment

Working...
                          X