A must read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A must read

[COLOR=#1A1A1A][FONT=Helvetica]"You read such awful stuff in the papers about that place," Linder said. "Every month, it's another murder. Between the drugs and the crime and the street gangs, it's almost as bad as Wichita."

Last edited by MoValley John; August 9, 2013, 05:31 PM.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Ahhh, Matty P finally found a news outlet that takes his stories seriously.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

That's funny.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

That's sad.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          That's sad.
          Double check the article source.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Not the Onion's best work, but still good.

@MoValley John:, diverging slightly off topic, what's the inside scoop on politics in Omaha? Are the deficits as problematic as I've heard (I don't claim to be well informed here) and mostly run by the Dems over the last 20 years or so? I always thought Omaha to be a little "progressive", especially for a midwest city, but not this much. Am I off base?

Comment

Was that really written in Jan. 2001?

Comment

Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                Was that really written in Jan. 2001?
                Yes. It's not the first time I've read it.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Not the Onion's best work, but still good.

@MoValley John, diverging slightly off topic, what's the inside scoop on politics in Omaha? Are the deficits as problematic as I've heard (I don't claim to be well informed here) and mostly run by the Dems over the last 20 years or so? I always thought Omaha to be a little "progressive", especially for a midwest city, but not this much. Am I off base?
                  I don't know, but don't think so. I don't live in Omaha, so whatever problems they have, aren't mine. I do know they have problems with the police and fire budget, mostly fire. That problem has been building for the last 12 years. The police and for contracts are out of whack, the problem was created by Mike Fahey, he won the election for mayor by getting the fire union behind him. For eight years the fire, and by default of how the negotiations are done in Nebraska, the police contracts grew astronomically. These contracts, specifically with how the retirement benefits are calculated and paid, need to be fixed.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                  X