Seg County Fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seg County Fair

Y'all oughta be there tonight. I'd suggest about 7:15 at the soundstage.........jus sayin

There's a SG County Fair?
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      There's a SG County Fair?
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Any hot farm girls ?

Comment

No luck at the Kingman County Fair?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Kingman Fair is next week. Pratt and Cheney are this week.

Comment

Can someone explain to me why the county fairs in Kansas, at least based on my observation, take a back seat to the State Fair? Having grown up in Nebraska, county fairs blew the big fair out of the park in terms of entertainment (brought in top notch, headliner quality acts) and I never hear of anyone going to the county fairs here.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                Can someone explain to me why the county fairs in Kansas, at least based on my observation, take a back seat to the State Fair? Having grown up in Nebraska, county fairs blew the big fair out of the park in terms of entertainment (brought in top notch, headliner quality acts) and I never hear of anyone going to the county fairs here.
                not all of those county fairs in nebraska are good. iirc the big event for this years seward county fair is the figure 8 race. cant even get carmin to headline. and she grew up here.

Comment

Most county fairs are free but some require a button which most people avoid paying. I've always enjoyed going to county fairs. Something to do I guess but those fairs need to be supported since its 4H kids who are heavily involved with making things on display.

With more and more kids not living on farms and finding other stuff to do besides 4H, I think that means less and less interest in county fairs.

Comment

To be honest, I'd never thought about county fairs and have no clue if Butler has one and I've always lived here. I know each town has its own celebrations individually, but no clue about a fair. As for the state fair, I've been there twice. Once in HS because some friends went up and one other time to see Huey Lewis and the News.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by lostshocker View Post
                      not all of those county fairs in nebraska are good. iirc the big event for this years seward county fair is the figure 8 race. cant even get carmin to headline. and she grew up here.
                      Karmin grew up in Seward? Quick check of Wikipedia... annnnnnd.... wow. Who knew? I guess you did. Good for her. Must be a good Lutheran girl :)

Comment

The Sedgwick co fair is a good county fair to attend. I like going to the state fair every 2-3 years just to see if anything has changed. Believe it or not I enjoy watching the cattle judging for short periods of time because its something you can pick up on quite easily in what is a decent looking bovine. Shirley Schmidt knows what makes a good looking sheep but thats another topic. I never knew there were so many cool breeds of rabbits either and the different types of pigeons is remarkable. Of course you have to go to the dairy barn for the ice cream. The kids always enjoyed the fair and now the grand kids get a kick out of it too but be careful because when they get to the point they can read they can see that many of the rabbits are for sale and its tough to tell them they can't have one.

Comment

I decided to Google it, and Butler has one starting this Saturday in El Do. Who knew?
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            I decided to Google it, and Butler has one starting this Saturday in El Do. Who knew?
                            I didn't and I live in BU county too.

Comment

The Sedgwick county fair at Cheney has a lot of STUFF.

Comment

Working...
                              X