Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil Based Paint in Hair....Tips for Removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Based Paint in Hair....Tips for Removal?

Was painting pipe fencing yesterday and I fell in a hole where I had taken out a previous pipe post and I forgot to mark it, fell in it - then paint cup went upwards and fell on my hair.

It's a mess, anyone know of any safe ways to remove oil based paint?
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

I don't have much experience with oil-based paint, but now might be a good time to consider shaving your head.

Comment

I need to analyze with pictures.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Yep. Saturate your hair with dish soap like Palmolive. It works on tough oil stains on fabric.

Comment

Oil based paint is tricky business. Moreover, the color of your hair and the pigment in the paint determines the best approach. Whether you use trimecurite, tetrarosinol or napfa mixed with sodium nitrolate depends on hair color, texture of hair and pigment model of the paint. As fever said, we need a picture to give you the most effective solution. We wait for your picture, we just want to help.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            I need to analyze with pictures.
            I was thinking the same thing!
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Learn how to do just about everything at ehow. Find expert advice along with How To videos and articles, including instructions on how to make, cook, grow, or do almost anything.

Comment

Well ended up doing 1979shocks website's recommendation. The olive oil really helped it.

No pictures, sorry.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Sorry about your situation but I gotta confess I gotta a chuckle out of it. Glad to hear you got the paint out.

Comment

Working...
                  X