Fixing NBC tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing NBC tournament

Obviously from debt standpoint I have no clue.

From a format standpoint:

-Quality over Quantity, 8 teams only, either all star teams from 8 different leagues (Alaska, California, Jayhawk, etc) or the league winners and allow them to pick up x amount of extra pitching from other teams in their league. The quality has been a real problem.

-Double Elimination over 4 days, not a week and certainly not 2 weeks. Again this is quality over quantity and much much less expense for the teams.

Thats all I have, I use to go to the NBC all the time but it sucks anymore and can't remember last time I went.

I posted on kansas.com an idea like your 8 team one. My idea would be to model off the CWS format. Two four team pools play a double elimination. The two winners then play a best of three championship series. Could start on a Saturday and then end on the Friday or Saturday six days later, with an open day for rest or weather makeup, if needed. I totally agree, go for quality over quantity, and shorten the tournament length.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
    X