This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

He has extensively researched WSU and Wichita; he compiled a data book and a list of who he wants to meet in his first 100 days on the job.

I guess you and I will have to clear some time on our calendars.
    Well, I'm not as sure about you, but I will. No way WstateU.

Comment

• He checks a lot of boxes as far as I'm concerned. Undergraduate years working and nothing stellar study wise but he did well later in his academic endeavors. An engineering background. MIT grad should put him in good stead with Charles Koch. I mean he knows the secret handshake and all. Seems to be very prepared to jump in and hit the ground running. I know a couple of the former Fine Arts Deans at WSU and I know their concerns will be how committed the new president is to Liberal and Fine Arts. I've already said that I feel that no matter a persons emphasis of study is in EVERY WSU student should have some exposure to Music and or Theater as an undergrad. Call it a well rounded approach to life. Anyway I think he has a template that Dr Bardo has set out and now he seems to be more than capable of following and initiating new ideas as well. Go Shocks

Comment

• Seems like a pretty awesome fit, and logical successor to Bardo. We’ll see if he lives with his hair on fire like Bardo did here, or is a nice guy in an empty suit who collects a salary and free housing like Beggs.

Comment

• You guys know Bardo read Shockernet, right?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Does he like football?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              You guys know Bardo read Shockernet, right?
              He was Joerg wasn't he?
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by bleednblackngold View Post
                Does he like football?
                My first thought too. ECU is a big time Football school (although they have been down as of late) and has a great Baseball team. Alive-in-2025

Comment

• The other sports suck

Comment

• Originally posted by bleednblackngold View Post
                    Does he like football?
                    We don't need the incoming Prez to be sports-centric per se. Gregg Marshall is doing a fine job as Wichita State's athletic director. We just don't want him to become a countervailing force as was the ChicKUn plants of yesteryear. If he's gung-ho for foolsball, like the university god also known as The Bardo... all the better.

T

Comment

• Comment

• Does anyone think this Sunflower article would have been written 4 years ago after a Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama visit to campus?

Who helped pay for Trump, Pompeo visit? It’s a secret, WSU Tech says

Comment

• All it is is fluff. The donors anonymity is protected by law just as an anonymous source of information to a news outlet is protected. Ito would have cost more if Hillary and Michelle had visited Wichita with multiple donations to the Clinton Foundation.

Comment

• Anyway $12,000 dollars is pretty cheap for national exposure of the University and city. I'd say double down

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              All it is is fluff. The donors anonymity is protected by law just as an anonymous source of information to a news outlet is protected. Ito would have cost more if Hillary and Michelle had visited Wichita with multiple donations to the Clinton Foundation.
                              Plus some dead bodies.

#SuicidePrevention

Comment

• It needs to stay anonymous. Today's colleges are full of cancel culture wannabes and moral grandstanders and I have no doubt a few of these buffoons would publicly call for boycotts or condemnation of the person(s) who donated the money.

Comment

Working...
                                X