Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how development along 17th has gone? I believe I heard about some more apartments going in along there, but has there been any sort of businesses added?
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
      Been watching the construction camera and I was puzzled that they drained the holding ponds in front of the new Business school but now with all the sand they are hauling in today I think WSU is getting ready for Beach volleyball to be added to the athletic side. Seriously is that supposed to be where the proposed bridge is to be built?
      Yes. Fear not. The water will be restored after the support structure for the bridge is in place.
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Anyone know how development along 17th has gone? I believe I heard about some more apartments going in along there, but has there been any sort of businesses added?
        If you haven't been down 17th street in awhile you would not recognize it. I think the apartment complexes are all called The 17th' Plural because there are several separate ones with what I believe I saw was a new complex to be added soon. By removing some housing and widening Hillside from 17th to 21st and the new housing along 17th the University and private investors have done a very nice job of giving both avenues a cleaner look.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

Yes. Fear not. The water will be restored after the support structure for the bridge is in place.
          Thanks for the clarification but I was really hoping for Beach volleyball.

Comment

Will you settle for coeds in paddleboats?
            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

I would tune in to every match.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Bunch of creepy old bastards

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  Bunch of creepy old bastards
                  Did you know there are 16 different ways to pick a wedgie?
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

Will you settle for coeds in paddleboats?
                    That’s minimal growth, not the massive growth we are poised for.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                      That’s minimal growth, not the massive growth we are poised for.
                      Speak for your self. Minimal is not in my vocabulary.

Comment

Bunch of creepy old bastards
                        I take offense to that!

I'm not old. Creepy bastard, yes. But not old.
                        Last edited by Rocky Mountain Shock; August 3, 2021, 10:54 PM.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Any updated news for Cessna stadium demolition ?

Comment

• They cut staff left and right last year, I can't imagine that project is high on any list.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              They cut staff left and right last year, I can't imagine that project is high on any list.
                              Maybe we need to take it on as a self help endeavor. I’m tired of looking at it.

Comment

Maybe we need to take it on as a self help endeavor. I’m tired of looking at it.
                                They could probably _make_ money selling tickets to jack hammer it. Maybe $5/30 minutes. With a $5 rebate if you haul the debris you generate to the dumpster.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X