Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They fielded Kung Wu's Twitter question! I'm so verklempt!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

From the presentation: Q: Will private enterprise cause undo influence over academic freedom? A: No. [Duh. Sit down egghead, you will still obtain your sacred right to be an {redacted}. ]

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        From the presentation: Q: Will private enterprise cause undo influence over academic freedom? A: No. [Duh. Sit down egghead, you will still obtain your sacred right to be an {redacted}. ]
        Send that sheet-stain on his way up the turnpike to Lawrence.

Comment

Here is the video animation on what the Innovations Campus might look like:

http://vimeo.com/103272449

ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

From the presentation:

1) New launch of new website: wsuventures.org

2) Launch of new web page: wichita.edu/innovation [has all the documents and information about this project]

Comment

Exciting! If it all comes to fruition I think it's going to drastically change the atmosphere and perception of WSU not just within the state, but the region.

I wonder how much of that 19% increase in freshman (which I'd guess is roughly 800-1000 students) will be reflected as declines at the other state schools?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                Who is the "innovation partner" (or whatever they are calling them) who is all but ready to pull the trigger on constructing their own building as part of this new part of campus (as alluded to in the presentation)? Is it NetApp?
                I was guessing that Indian firm?

Comment

Kinda looks like they're leaving a 3-hole par 12 golf course... par 3, 4 & 5.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    Kinda looks like they're leaving a 3-hole par 12 golf course... par 3, 4 & 5.

Yes, that was discussed and is the intention I believe.

Comment

Seems to me the vast amount of space between the NE corner and SE corner will be just enough room for the David Koch Football Complex...just saying
                      Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                        20-year master plan. A few highlights.

Bardo’s plan also calls for construction of a second on-campus residence hall to complement Shocker Hall, which officially opened Thursday.
                        Actually the plan calls for the construction of 3-more on-campus residence halls. This plan actually expands on the plan issued a year or so ago. The one on the west side of Braeburn probably will be the next to be built.

In addition to the Residence Hall along the west side of Braeburn that is marked there are two other residence halls on this plan. One is the white buildings on 17th street just east of Hillside. The other one is the white buildings just west of Eck Stadium on 21st Street.

All of these would be needed if we are to meet Dr. Bardo's stated goals for enrollment and to have 20% to 25% of the student body living on campus.

Comment

From the presentation: He can't solve football problem, but can solve parking problem (said in jest).
                          Thankfully, unlike many D-1 universities WSU doesn't have a football problem.

Comment

From the presentation: Q: Will private enterprise cause undo influence over academic freedom? A: I certainly hope so.
                            Fixed.

Comment

If Wichita State can pull this off Dr. Bardo would certainly leave an enduring legacy. In fact, would he not be considered the greatest WSU President in school history?

Comment

Can someone explain the "Timeline" slide putting construction of these buildings over 3 years when this is a "20 year plan?" Bardo's not really going to get those all up that fast, is he?

Comment

Working...
                                X