• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridiculous.

Giant sign, giant mistakes on water tower at WSU

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Thats what cheap labor gets you....
      "You need to be standing on his toes when he's catching the ball. He's that good."- Gregg Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Brother Dan View Post
        It's proof of what happens when you hire companies that won't assure you they haven't employed KU grads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Brother Dan View Post
          Must be the same crew...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 78-65

Comment

• There's gotta be a story involving a disgruntled employee, or someone otherwise with an axe to grind. Something like that isn't a mistake.

And LOL at the article mentioning no firm timetable for correction. The job was done by a specialty subcontractor; I assume they only get paid after the job is completed properly, but I guess we are talking about the government here.

EDIT: Older news article mentions the job is being done by city employees. Never would have guessed that, with such a unique task.
              Last edited by SHOCKvalue; August 4, 2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                There's gotta be a story involving a disgruntled employee, or someone otherwise with an axe to grind. Something like that isn't a mistake.

And LOL at the article mentioning no firm timetable for correction. The job was done by a specialty subcontractor; I assume they only get paid after the job is completed properly, but I guess we are talking about the government here.
                Especially considering they aren't done with the WSU logo (still filling in the black, from the pictures I've seen). Get the letters corrected, then finish the logo. This isn't hard. Or maybe it is.

This wouldn't have happened if they'd used vinyl graphics, as someone in the process would have identified the problem before it ever ended up on-site. But I'm not sure if vinyl is a reasonable medium at that size, and on a water tower.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  There's gotta be a story involving a disgruntled employee, or someone otherwise with an axe to grind. Something like that isn't a mistake.

EDIT: Older news article mentions the job is being done by city employees. Never would have guessed that, with such a unique task.
                  Probably the anti-WSU employee that once worked for Aero Plains Brewery. :)

P.S. This post wasn't a knock on Aero Plains; it's a good place to drink craft beer.

Last edited by WstateU; August 4, 2017, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• The fix is in . . .

. . . process.

Comment

• People will probably make this out to be some referendum on administration at the university. It's clearly far from that. But still embarrassing.

It does look like it's in French (Université) too which is really disappointing.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Should have used Signman

Comment

• Im doubting vinyl would work on a watertower. But signman would definitely know the answer to that.

Comment

The fix is in . . .

. . . process.

Is the large “S” ¼ full or ¾ empty?

Comment

• ’It wasn’t an innovative way of getting national publicity’

Comment

It's proof of what happens when you hire companies that won't assure you they haven't employed KU grads.
                                Its gone viral and its not about KU grads.

Comment

Working...
                                X