Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's a shame that we are clogging this thread with all the posts on the SGA related posts that have nothing to do with the Innovation Campus or future growth of the University. I don't know if it's more appropriate to have those in the politics forum. Really the mods should consider adding an "Around Campus" thread to discuss non-athletic campus news and events.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Speaking of non SGA news here's an article on the Innovation Campus. Sounds like there's going to be quite a bit of new construction starting this summer. Bardo is quite pleased with the speed of progress of the IC.

- New partnership building,
      - Two new multi-tennant building in Braeburn Square,
      - Adding 18th Street to connect Oliver to Innovation Boulevard,
      - New hotel

Last edited by Shocker-maniac; May 24, 2017, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        Called it.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
          Snowflakes won't be happy.

Comment

• Please keep the silly SGA news off this thread. It's depressing. This thread should be devoted to the most significant positive changes in the history of WSU. Go back and take a look at the beginning of this thread from a few years ago. In such a short time increadilbe things have come to fruition and an ambitious plan has become even more so. I look forward to seeing all the progress moving forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
              Please keep the silly SGA news off this thread. It's depressing. This thread should be devoted to the most significant positive changes in the history of WSU. Go back and take a look at the beginning of this thread from a few years ago. In such a short time increadilbe things have come to fruition and an ambitious plan has become even more so. I look forward to seeing all the progress moving forward.
              🌻 Be Positive ~ Keep on Keepin on ~ Be Positive 🌻
              SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
              gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
                Please keep the silly SGA news off this thread. It's depressing. This thread should be devoted to the most significant positive changes in the history of WSU. Go back and take a look at the beginning of this thread from a few years ago. In such a short time increadilbe things have come to fruition and an ambitious plan has become even more so. I look forward to seeing all the progress moving forward.
                The point is if this silly SGA crap blows up it will hurt the growth of the university. Don't like it block the convo or skip over it like the rest of us do on a number of topics.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                  The point is if this silly SGA crap blows up it will hurt the growth of the university. Don't like it block the convo or skip over it like the rest of us do on a number of topics.
                  Your talking for a lot of us!!! 😎 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
                  SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                  gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• Don't see how this SGA story is going to impact the growth of the University. When it originally emerged it hardly got a whiff by the national media. It really didn't even get that much local coverage. Now it has pretty much died. At this rate, it appears that in the next few weeks it will be forgotten.

The former President, new President, and SGA came to a settlement concerning diversity training, and that appears to be a satisfactory resolution to all involved parties.

Nothing to see here, folks.
                    Last edited by Shocker-maniac; May 29, 2017, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Believe the YMCA on-campus facility has been approved.

Also, so nice to stay at a hotel on campus and walk to the Basketball and baseball games.

Comment

• Still not a big fan of this YMCA. Costly for students and not necessary. If it made more financial sense for the students, then I'd be more open to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                          Still not a big fan of this YMCA. Costly for students and not necessary. If it made more financial sense for the students, then I'd be more open to it.
                          "The 60,000-square-foot facility being discussed would also include state-of-the-art workout facilities, student health and wellness services and a drop-in daycare center."

Wichita State University and the Greater Wichita YMCA announced they are in advanced discussions to build a new YMCA on the Innovation Campus to serve WSU students.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            "The 60,000-square-foot facility being discussed would also include state-of-the-art workout facilities, student health and wellness services and a drop-in daycare center."

http://www.wichita.edu/thisis/stories/story.asp?si=3590
                            WSU already has health and wellness service. I guess the daycare would be new.

But the fact that all WSU students are now kind of being forced to have a Y membership, sounds like at least some of the $7.50/credit hour that they're paying will be going towards the Y, and not to the university. I dunno, it's a little goofy. Sounds really nice, but maybe unnecessary. I guess the positive is that this would be a little cheaper than a Y membership...

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
                              I think there is a daycare at wsu currently. No idea if it is free or cost.
                              There is, it isn't free, and usually has a waiting list. I also believe it is daytime only. Perhaps the new one at the Y might also offer evenings, which could help evening students and staff with daycare needs? I think the fact that commuter students would also gain access to the entire greater Wichita Y system has benefit as well, as other Y locations might offer more convenient exercise options than the Heskett Center.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Part of the discussion in building this is that it would allow the existing health and wellness service to expand its services to the students and give the students and faculty a facility that they don't have to share with some of the varsity sports as they do now.
                                Last edited by pogo; June 20, 2017, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X