This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
    These days anytime you disagree with anyone about anything you are racist.
    After looking into a bit, the new SGA pres has tweeted her outrage at various things in the past that have a liberal slant. As well as this from 4 years ago:

And a few months ago there was this:

So it really does boil down to if you're a conservative and/or don't believe America is inherently racist, then you're a racist.

What great thinkers our university system is producing. :eyeroll: :banghead:
    Attached Files

Comment

• I guess her parents recently did use a racial slur when referring to the former SGA president and she has yet to publicly respond. That is obviously the main reason for the backlash, and I have to admit, it's understandable.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        I guess her parents recently did use a racial slur when referring to the former SGA president and she has yet to publicly respond. That is obviously the main reason for the backlash, and I have to admit, it's understandable.
        Although, there has still been no proof for this other than from the individuals who have a lot to gain from the event actually happening.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• This is all ridiculous...
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
            This is all ridiculous...
            Agree!

Comment

• They won't stop until they force her to leave.
              The Assman

Comment

They won't stop until they force her to leave.
                That's how it works these days...

Comment

• A quick Twitter search tells me these people are out to ruin Paige and her family's lives and livelihoods.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    Although, there has still been no proof for this other than from the individuals who have a lot to gain from the event actually happening.
                    Good point. Furthermore, it seems WSU police believe Shepard started whatever altercation led to the slur.

Comment

• Regardless, a parent calling a student the n-word and trying to FIGHT HIM (all of this allegedly) is a horrible look for Paige, her family, and even WSU as a whole if this makes the news. I'll wait until more of the story comes out with some proof, but if this really did happen, Paige should really consider issuing a public apology and/or step down. And who knows, Joseph Shepard may need to do the same if he really did provoke them.

This has gotten so ugly. Can't we all just get alone?
                      Last edited by ShockerPhi; May 5, 2017, 01:28 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                        Regardless, a parent calling a student the n-word and trying to FIGHT HIM (all of this allegedly) is a horrible look for Paige, her family, and even WSU as a whole if this makes the news. I'll wait until more of the story comes out with some proof, but if this really did happen, Paige should really consider issuing a public apology and/or step down. And who knows, Joseph Shepard may need to do the same if he really did provoke them.

This has gotten so ugly. Can't we all just get alone?
                        Whether it is true or not (I will avoid that all together), it seems the issue isn't something that Paige did, but they are trying to destroy everything about her at this moment. The whole thing is just sad; whatever happened.

This whole situation and environment on campus the past few years makes me almost regret being a WSU alumnus.
                        The Assman

Comment

Whether it is true or not (I will avoid that all together), it seems the issue isn't something that Paige did, but they are trying to destroy everything about her at this moment. The whole thing is just sad; whatever happened.

This whole situation and environment on campus the past few years makes me almost regret being a WSU alumnus.
                          Agree with you there. Whether some of it is Bardo's fault for not listening to SGA and their concerns, or SGA acting childishly, it has been a huge black eye for a while. It's mostly stayed internal, but now this whole ordeal might start leaking into the news locally and god forbid nationally. I was really hoping for a peaceful transition.

Comment

• WSU police are investigating the incident and soliciting eye witness accounts. I fear this is going to mostly play out very publicly on social media and the actual facts aren't going to matter if they contradict the narrative.

Comment

• A personal positive that may come from this, is that I may actually delete my social media accounts; or at the very least take them off my phone.

Regardless of what happened with this situation, social media has become a toxic waste dump on every side of every line. Social media has great potential and there are many benefits, but it's warts are starting to wear on me.

I hope, for everyone's sake, that this is all a big misunderstanding. I would hate to see anyone's life changed or ruined because of all of this.
                              The Assman

Comment

• "A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."

Never has there been a time when this quote means as much as it does now with social media. Especially in the day an age where there is an Oppression Industrial Complex, and just throw out a subtle suggestion that some is a racist, sexist or any other kind of ist, and it will be enough resurrect the Salem witch trials.

Comment

Working...
                                X