This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
    The city of Wichita wants the new law enforcement training center to be located on the Innovation Campus. Building would house classrooms for WSU's criminal justice program, and collaborate with the university.

http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-...e65206877.html
    This would be awesome. As a former WPD Academy graduate, I can tell you that attending class/training at that former elementary school made you feel 'bush league'. The gym was small, the locker rooms certainly were not built to accommodate grown men and you felt as if you were time warped back into the 50s. The location stunk too. The current training center certainly does not exude a law enforcement agency which is progressive and modern. This would be a very nice addition to the campus.

Comment

The city of Wichita wants the new law enforcement training center to be located on the Innovation Campus. Building would house classrooms for WSU's criminal justice program, and collaborate with the university.

Betcha they just want in on some of NIAR's drone action!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

This would be a good idea. Perhaps it could bring more to the cj program. Also, im glad that this innovatiin campus is shaping up to for all areas, not just one or two.

Comment

• Update on WSU Ventures accelerator program:

WSU Ventures' 2015 Innovation Accelerator competition shortlisted seven companies to receive funding through the Kansas Department of Commerce. Over the course of the year, the companies added seven full-time and eight student jobs, and six of the technologies advanced toward commercial outcomes.
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Recycling industrial water could be huge not only here but everywhere.

Comment

• Can anyone advise if there is an update to this plan? I believe the "sky/luxury boxes" are on hold, but the rest is expected to be built soon?

Here is the link for the master plan from 2014
              Last edited by Veritas; April 25, 2016, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• WSU's NIAR program cited as best-in-class example of university supporting advanced manufacturing innovation in its community by Oxford Economics.

Promoting innovative, advanced manufacturing cultures within a community involves strategic planning and effective partnership with public institutions.

Tweet by President Bardo with link to same article:

@wichita:State poised to grow workforce through adaptive training, education & innovation bit.ly/areadevelopment
                Last edited by Shocker-maniac; April 27, 2016, 07:24 PM.
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Vote of Sedgwick County could happen as soon as May 11th

Comment

• Letter of Intent from both the County and City

Comment

http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-...e78051732.html

Letter of Intent from both the County and City
                      this is outstanding. I can see where both the University and the LETC could see some huge benefits from this association. An LETC with pretty much immediate access to the resources of a major university is signicant as law enforcement becomes more technical in nature.

I can also see some advantages for the AJ Dept. having an LETC available for some training that's outside of a college curriculum. It may open the door for WSU to grow into some additional areas, such as some forensic work and training crime scene investigators.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Does this mean the campus cops will start to have training then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                          Does this mean the campus cops will start to have training then?
                          No. That's one of the unnecessary expenses that has to get eliminated with the budget cuts.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I imagine it will be like it has always been: not-really-a-cop students doing parking patrol, and actual commissioned LEO's doing everything else. I'd be willing to bet the WSU LEO's already go through the same training program out at Meridian and I-235 that WPD and SCSD recruits go through. If not there, then they probably go through a training program out in Yoder where all the smaller departments in the state send their recruits. The commissioned guys on the WSUPD are real cops, although (thankfully for me over the years) they don't do speed patrol or run radar.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Another added benefit is there will be alot more cops on campus. Never a bad thing to have nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                                X