Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new building for the business school is planned to be the 5th building on the Innovation Campus. It is listed as the funding priority for the WSU Foundation I'm in no way a big $$$ person but I try to donate to this important project when I can.

ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
      I'm not sure if it is on the books, but we need to do something about the business school. It's antiquated and needs some serious TLC. Regional schools like UMKC and KU have or are in the process of building new, state of the art buildings for their business programs. While I agree athletic success is the quickest way to spread the Wichita State brand nationally, potential students do pay attention to academic rankings where WSU falls short in so many areas. We may argue the merits of how these rankings are put together, but face it, high school seniors don't care how the school got ranked, just what its ranking is.

If I win the powerball this week, you can be sure I will make the second phase of the baseball renovation happen and kick start the funding of our own state of the art business school.

If Kansas University could find a way to convert the personal energy of business school dean Neeli Bendapudi into electricity, it could probably power the entire campus the year round without paying another energy bill.

http://www.umkc.edu/news/feature.asp?id=298
      Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
      The new building for the business school is planned to be the 5th building on the Innovation Campus. It is listed as the funding priority for the WSU Foundation I'm in no way a big $$$ person but I try to donate to this important project when I can.

http://foundation.wichita.edu/give/where-to-give

"“Not all of the priorities for the upcoming campaign have been identified yet, but we are certain that an up-to-date facility for our Barton School of Business on the Innovation Campus will be at the top of the list,” said Elizabeth King, WSU Foundation president and CEO. “The new building is essential to advance our vision to be a center for collaborative learning, a place that will entice faculty and students to perform at the highest levels.”"

"Both Vizzini and Cindy Claycomb, interim dean of the Barton School of Business, believe the business school will play a vital role in the success of the Innovation Campus, where collaboration among disciplines will be emphasized."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        If I win the powerball this week, you can be sure I will make the second phase of the baseball renovation happen and kick start the funding of our own state of the art business school.
        Thanks in advance for your generosity!

Comment

• Airbus is leaving Old Town and relocating to the Innovation Campus.

Comment

• Well I'd say that's pretty huge to get the ball rolling.

Comment

• Not only is Airbus taking their operations to the WSU campus, but if I'm reading the article correctly, WSU won't leave the vacated Old Town buildings empty. I think THAT is huge in and of its self. I'm excited to hear what sort of programs they will bring downtown. It would be fantastic to have not only a vibrant economic driver at 21st and Hillside but a bunch of WSU students and faculty in Old Town all the time. Talk about win, win.

Comment

• QFNP

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
                  Not only is Airbus taking their operations to the WSU campus, but if I'm reading the article correctly, WSU won't leave the vacated Old Town buildings empty. I think THAT is huge in and of its self. I'm excited to hear what sort of programs they will bring downtown. It would be fantastic to have not only a vibrant economic driver at 21st and Hillside but a bunch of WSU students and faculty in Old Town all the time. Talk about win, win.
                  I'm guessing an expansion of the downtown campus?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
                    Not only is Airbus taking their operations to the WSU campus, but if I'm reading the article correctly, WSU won't leave the vacated Old Town buildings empty. I think THAT is huge in and of its self. I'm excited to hear what sort of programs they will bring downtown. It would be fantastic to have not only a vibrant economic driver at 21st and Hillside but a bunch of WSU students and faculty in Old Town all the time. Talk about win, win.
                    To me, it seems like better than what I had hoped. I had no idea what they were going to do but getting Airbus is the kind of move that can really anchor the idea.

And yeah, having a WSU campus down town is fantastic. I kind of hope they just make it an extension for classes. It will be very popular and busy with all kinds of foot traffic to the downtown restaurants... More so than Airbus employees could because a college schedule is nothing like a workday. Students can run around all the want, but an engineer at Airbus would only get lunch and some breaks with limited time.

WSU is rocking my socks off between the Marshall Era and all of this Bardo stuff on the academic side. This really is the best time to be a Shocker.
                    Last edited by Dave Stalwart; March 19, 2015, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• At some point (soon), the WSU naysayers and detractors have to say WTF is going on in Wichita? “We had these guys down and now we have to hear crap like this…”

“Accounting Degree Review recently published its first affordability ranking survey of the top 30 master's degrees in accounting, naming Wichita State University's School of Accountancy as the No. 6 program in the nation.”

Accounting Degree Review recently published its first affordability ranking survey of the top 30 master's degrees in accounting, naming Wichita State University's School of Accountancy as the No. 6 program in the nation.

Comment

• Oh, "WSU accountancy program the only Kansas school to make top 30"

Comment

• Um, Mr. 'Billionaire' Burrell, I'm sure a building or two can be named after you. Your school sure could use your help.

Comment

• http://www.wichita.edu/thisis/stories/story.asp?si=2781

"Airbus will move from its current location in downtown Wichita, bringing around 400 employees to campus and many opportunities for applied learning in aerospace engineering."

"The development firm MWCB LLC, led by David Murfin, Nestor Weigand Jr., Ivan Crossland Jr. and Steven Barrett, will finance and manage the project, known as Partnership 1. It will include a 2-story, 90,000-square-foot building and adjacent parking. The building, which Airbus expects to occupy in January 2017, is located north of 17th Street, close to NIAR and WSU’s new Experiential Engineering Building and Community Maker Space."

"Plans for Airbus’ downtown office space will be announced at 10 a.m. Tuesday, March 31, at Wichita Downtown Development Corp.’s Design and Innovation Center, 505 E. Douglas. 'The decision by Airbus to relocate to campus frees up prime space in Old Town,' said WDDC President Jeff Fluhr. 'I’m very pleased with the plans we’ll announce next week.'”
                            Last edited by shocker_torero; March 24, 2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• A major, 7-figure gift is expected to be announced at 4pm today in Shocker Hall, related to the Honors College.

And Kwik Shop is going to build a store and training center at 21st in Oliver in anticipation of WSU's future development across the intersection.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                A major, 7-figure gift is expected to be announced at 4pm today in Shocker Hall, related to the Honors College.

And Kwik Shop is going to build a store and training center at 21st in Oliver in anticipation of WSU's future development across the intersection.
                                So that's going in on the NE corner.

Walgreens or CVS (can't recall which) recently wanted to build on the NW corner there but I believe the planning commission shot them down (not even sure it got that far, might have been a neighborhood advisory committee). Apparently the highest and best use of a hard corner at a busy intersection is a residential use. Only in Wichita, Kansas, America.

Comment

Working...
                                X