Royals in May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royals in May

Since Sub hasn't been around lately, I'll start this for him (even if I am a Cardinal fan).

Royals make a nice comeback tonight beating TB 9-8 after being down 1-6.

Cain had a nice night going 2-5 with 2 runs scored and 2 RBIs.

That said, MLB needs to do something about the "Hold" stat. Why should a pitcher (Collins tonight) start an inning with a 3 run lead, not finish the inning while giving up 4 hits, 2 runs, and leaving 2 men on base for somebody else to clean up and get credit for a "Hold".

Of course, I've always felt that if a pitcher has a fielding error that ends up costing the team a run it should be considered an earned run, not unearned.

We live in a day and age where a "closer" makes mega bucks... Rules wont change any time soon. But technically he held the lead which is why he would be credited with a hold.
    With that said it seems he got rewarded for pitching badly. (I didnt see the end of the game) But hell look at how bad Valverde has been for Detroit.

This Royals team has something. Not saying they're going to win the Central or make the playoffs but this could be a very special team. And their doing this all with out the expected production from Hosmer and Moose. Moose is streaking up and Hosmer is regressing down at the moment.

Comment

J-Guts!!!!!
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Had to bump it after the weekend sweep.

Things finally settling back to normal in KC?

Speaking of, where the hell is Sub?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Speaking of, where the hell is Sub?
          I was wondering, too. He hasn't posted in around 3 weeks.

Comment

Hitting coaches Maloof and David have been re-assigned. George Brett and Pedro Grifol are the new interim coaches. Yes, that George Brett.

Comment

You could see Ned didnt seem too happy about being overshadowed by George in the press conference.

If Brett doesn't put half a can of Skoal in his mouth it just wont feel like the good ol days.

Comment

May started glorious but ended in a typically Royal fashion. :-(
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                X