Kobe Bryant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kobe Bryant

Say what you will about him and his off court incidents, one of the best all time may have had his career end today. Torn Achilles.

Watching him play has been pure joy, and what he was doing at his age was very impressive. Willing a not very good LA team to the playoffs.

I'm pretty young and never got the chance to see MJ play - except for with the Wizards - so this is one of the first arguably Top-5 players of all time career come to an end that I've seen. I loved watching him play because he was so damn competitive and so skilled.

Careers end, but it sucks his could have ended like that tonight. Unfortunate to see from a basketball fan standpoint.

He might be back, but at how high of a level of play?
    Last edited by wsushox1; April 13, 2013, 02:02 AM.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

I've never been a Kobe fan and I know that not being a Lakers fan contributes to that, but I've always respected his skill and effort.

That being said, he's a dick. He'll be fine and live a long comfortable life. Plus the coverage on ESPN on the NBA in general and the Lakers specifically is insanely over the top. They spend 20% of their coverage on a team that might not make the playoffs...and this is before Kobe was injured.

I couldn't care less what D'Andre Jordan has tweeted about Kobe...it's the most stupid thing I've ever seen. There were 3 (at least) compelling stories on the Masters yesterday, yet Kobe took the first 15 minutes of SportsCenter....and it wasn't the last time .....rinse, repeat.

He'll get healthy. An achilles tendon injury is bad for playing basketball, but he'll recover fully, it'll just take time. I don't wish bad things for him, I'm just sick of the fawning over him, especially on an 8th place team in the terrible NBA.

Comment

Kobe isn't in the same league as Jordan. Having watched both, there really isn't any comparison, and the numbers back that up:

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Tried watching SportsCenter this morning. About 40% was Kobe and another 40% was Tiger and his 2 stroke penalty. I didn't care about either one.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Reminds me of one of my very favorite memes floating around out there:

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

So Doc, you're saying that basketball in America now is not as good as it was 20 years ago?

You're probably right - I'm not even old enough to know, but I'm just curious as to why you think that is.

Comment

It's always difficult to compare generations. "Better" would certainly be subjective. And which basketball, because there are at 3 different types of the game that I would deal with individually.

I think pro basketball is a little better now than 10ish years ago. But worse than 25ish years ago.

Comment

hard to believe that hes been in the league 17 years.

He's only 2 years older than me.

sheesh

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  It's always difficult to compare generations. "Better" would certainly be subjective. And which basketball, because there are at 3 different types of the game that I would deal with individually.

I think pro basketball is a little better now than 10ish years ago. But worse than 25ish years ago.
                  I gotcha, is that style of play related or talent related?

Sorry for interrogating you on this issue lol - I certainly don't meant too - I'm just curious. No one in my family cares about basketball the way I do, so the internet and television is honestly the best place for me to pick up information about past generations.

Comment

Please, for the love of God, please do not ever do Laker highlights with running twitter commentary from Kobe EVER again...a guy that won't even travel with his team.

#NarcissisticAssHat

Comment

Who cares what he shot (44%), but he dropped 60 in his final game.

Gonna miss him, literally have not known an NBA without him.

People can question him, but you can't question his work ethic. I spent most of my high school career wanting to work as hard as him.
                      Last edited by wsushox1; April 14, 2016, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                        Who cares what he shot (44%), but he dropped 60 in his final game.

Gonna miss him, literally have not known an NBA without him.

People can question him, but you can't question his work ethic. I spent most of my high school career wanting to work as hard as him.
                        Kobe Bryant was the first professional athlete that was younger than me.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                        X