2013 Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Masters

I fantasize driving up Magnolia Lane with the fragrance of azalea's filling my 4-door Ford Fusion as I arrive from Atlanta where my Shockers competed on the ultimate stage known as the Final Four. Wait a minute, the second part isn't a fantasy!

This year's version of golf's favorite major (IMO) is expected to be as good as ever. The 93-man (with one exception I will address shortly) is led by the excitement of Tiger Woods regaining his world number one status after winning Arnies tournament a couple of weeks ago. Although the majority of the world seems to have forgiven Tiger of his personal indiscretions, this SN member hasn't. Winning doesn't take care of everything. Nineteen former champions grace the hallowed grounds of Augusta National. My personal favorite is Freddie Couples, who currently stands at -3 through 12. At 52 Freddie swings as well as he did 20 years ago when he won at Augusta. Lefty is struggling at +2 through 10, but still has amen corner to negotiate a comeback.

Potentially one of the most intriguing stories of the week is 14-year-old Tianlang Guan from China. He is the youngest participant in the almost 80 year history of the Masters. He is currently +1 playing the 14th hole.

There are so many great moments of the Masters. I welcome your favorite moments. One of my favorites includes Green Jacket winner Jack Nicklaus' win in 1986 at 46 years of age. Forty six, are you kidding me. How can we forget a key birdie at #16 when Jack stepped towards the hole with putter extended as the ball disappeared into the cup. Some of my greatest memories of golf's greatest championships are from the Masters. Let the memories begin!!!

aint no masters here.... aint no slaves neither!

Comment

I wondered if there was gonna be a thread on this. Personally, it's my second favorite sporting event behind the NCAA Tournament. I would love to go, and it's something that is on my bucket list for sure. If badges in the future are anything like they were this year, it's going to require quite the amount of savings to go in the future.

A 14-year old just shot a 1 over on the world's most famous golf course. Let that sink in. Unreal. At 14 I was still trying to figure out how to talk to girls, let alone a story hungry media or a locker room full of golf icons.

Tiger's an interesting case, he shot 2-under today but it should have been much, much lower. Burned the edges all day, though I guess that is not a surprise - he's been doing that at Majors for the last several years. Just doesn't seem to be able to make the putts when he needs them anymore at the Majors.

Quite frankly, DJ or Sergio might be the winner. They looked good, DJ is stupid long.

Good call on the Phil comeback through Amen Corner.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Tiger's MO has been to shoot OK in the 1st and then turn it on in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

After everyone has just stalled out today, all its gonna take Tiger is to do OK on the five pars and he could be in the final grouping on Saturday.

Nobody is doing anything so far today.

Comment

Tiangling Guan was also assessed a slow play one stroke penalty. Stupid, stupid, stupid Masters.

Comment

Working...
            X