No announcement yet.

Baseball is here. The Royals in April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting pitching has been pretty close to amazing but they definitely need to start putting up some more runs on the board, Moustakas needs to remember to bring his bat to the park.

Comment

Nice job sweeping the double-header and winning the series against Boston. Holland, who I've criticized recently, was NASTY in both games. Even Hochevar esacped an inning without letting a run score. But I don't know how long this team can continue winning with the way Hoz, Moose and Perez are hitting. Hoz is lucky to be getting a few singles through the infield or he'd be flirting with the Mendoza line. Moose just looks over-matched and Perez needs to make some adjustments now that opposing teams/pitchers are getting to see him more.

Cain has really been playing well. It's been nice to check the standings and see KC atop the central for over a week now. Detroit has lost four in a row so maybe we're catching them at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        Nice job sweeping the double-header and winning the series against Boston. Holland, who I've criticized recently, was NASTY in both games. Even Hochevar esacped an inning without letting a run score. But I don't know how long this team can continue winning with the way Hoz, Moose and Perez are hitting. Hoz is lucky to be getting a few singles through the infield or he'd be flirting with the Mendoza line. Moose just looks over-matched and Perez needs to make some adjustments now that opposing teams/pitchers are getting to see him more.

Cain has really been playing well. It's been nice to check the standings and see KC atop the central for over a week now. Detroit has lost four in a row so maybe we're catching them at the right time.
        Pitching can carry a team a long way and the Royals appear to have a strong starting and bullpen staff, and their defense is very good. I think that their hitting will improve (even Billy Butler isn't hitting yet) and when it does, they have the ability to have a good winning streak of 10 games or more. They don't have to be a great hitting team to be good if their pitching remains a constant. They do need to be a good, timely hitting team that can manufacture 4-5 runs a game with speed, bunting, some home runs (which will come-their power hitters are quite young), and timely hitting.

Comment

very big series coming up starting tomorrow with Detroit. Really need to strike while the iron is hot.

Moose and Hos have struggled mightily but its good to see them have some success the last couple of games. A hit is a hit lets hop it turns into something more.

If Gordon keeps playing this way he might be freaking MVP.

What can I say about Lorenzo Cain that hasnt already been said about Kate Upton's assets... DAMN!

Comment

I want to be optimistic about the offense, I really do. And I would if Hoz, Moose and Perez were known commodities. As often happens with young players, they have a good rookie season or show flashes of their upside. But then the league "figures them out". Some players make the necessary adjustments, some don't. We're still waiting on those guys to make the adjustments. If they don't, we have a huge hole in the middle of the order. I don't see Cain continuing to hit close to .400 and we know Frenchy isn't going to produce. Over the season the Royals are going to need more than four guys to produce, no matter how good your pitching is.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm really enjoying this pitching staff and seeing the offense get just enough when they need it. But I want to see a game or two where the offense pounds somebody by 5+ runs, rather than try to reproduce the 2012 Orioles. Granted, they've played a tough schedule for the most part.

Comment

It's nice to see Salvy show promise as a hitter, but man he is a STUD behind the plate. And only 22. Wow.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I want to be optimistic about the offense, I really do. And I would if Hoz, Moose and Perez were known commodities. As often happens with young players, they have a good rookie season or show flashes of their upside. But then the league "figures them out". Some players make the necessary adjustments, some don't. We're still waiting on those guys to make the adjustments. If they don't, we have a huge hole in the middle of the order. I don't see Cain continuing to hit close to .400 and we know Frenchy isn't going to produce. Over the season the Royals are going to need more than four guys to produce, no matter how good your pitching is.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm really enjoying this pitching staff and seeing the offense get just enough when they need it. But I want to see a game or two where the offense pounds somebody by 5+ runs, rather than try to reproduce the 2012 Orioles. Granted, they've played a tough schedule for the most part.
                How old was Gordon when he figured it out (he went to college). These guys still have work to do. Anytime the light could go on.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  How old was Gordon when he figured it out (he went to college). These guys still have work to do. Anytime the light could go on.
                  That's true. But I'm referring to this season and next season. As it stands, that's the window for winning. The gamble to go get all those starting pitchers partially depended on Hoz and Moose improving from last year. They are key pieces to making the playoffs before Shields, Gordon and Butler leave (assuming they don't resign, which admittedly is premature).

Comment

That's true. But I'm referring to this season and next season. As it stands, that's the window for winning. The gamble to go get all those starting pitchers partially depended on Hoz and Moose improving from last year. They are key pieces to making the playoffs before Shields, Gordon and Butler leave (assuming they don't resign, which admittedly is premature).
                    It's ok to be pessimistic. As for me, I see that they are in first place and always competitive. With this pitching, it's the best chance we've had. I don't mind winning close ones. You have to start a winning culture somewhere and so far it's happening.

Comment

Wade Davis up against Max Scherzer tonight. Royals haven't won a series in Detroit since 2008.

Comment

Ill take a series split and a winning roadtrip record.

Alex Gordon is who we thought he is. Just took him some time to get there.

Comment

Winning that roadtrip ought to be proof enough that KC is a contender. And there are signs that Hos and perhaps even Moose are getting untracked.

Comment

I understand the concern with Hos. Right now hes not the player we need him to be nor has he lived up to the hype. Im more optimistic about him than Moose at this point.

Moose just had a really REALLY bad 2 games in Detroit. The last 2 AB's though looked promising

Comment

Working...
                            X