Baseball is here. The Royals in April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball is here. The Royals in April

Slow to get to this with all the wonderful Final Four talk, but both work and ShockerNet have slowed enough that I can jump into some of this. KC lost their first game but got a great outing from James Shields. He left one up that cleared the wall and the Royals couldn't get anything going offensively in near freezing conditions in Chicago. But there are 161 more games left so we're still in this.

One mistake costs Shields, Royals in opener

MLB Opening Day 2013: Royals, James Shields Lose 1-0 Pitching Duel Against Chris Sale And White Sox

James Shields First Game PITCHf/x

Get Ready For More Jarrod Dyson. Sort Of. - He did make improvements at the plate last year...

Opening Day Thoughts

Morning Coffee: Opening Day Royals Reactions
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Santana has given up 3 long balls today for 4 runs and he's not quite out of the 4th yet....
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Alex... If he was just and inch to the left

Comment

Guthrie's nine K's help Royals get first win
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Enjoying the hell out of this game today up 11-4, this is what I've been hoping for through these first games.

Comment

I missed most of it. But it sounds like outside of Davis, the Royals played well.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by bunck View Post
              Enjoying the hell out of this game today up 11-4, this is what I've been hoping for through these first games.
              I was worried with them getting off to 0-2 start, it was like here we go again. But with this win hopefully the can get it going in the right direction and build some excitement around the royals.

Comment

Can Yost please switch the roles of Holland and Herrera? I never felt a lead was safe last year with Holland as closer. Heck, maybe even make Holland a 7th-inning guy and put Crow in the setup role.

Comment

come from behind 3-1 victory for the Royals today. Crow closed it out. Royals stadium was rocking.

Comment

It sounded great. Some clutch hits in the 8th. It was also nice to see Santan rebound after his disasterous debut to pitch a very solid game.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      It sounded great. Some clutch hits in the 8th. It was also nice to see Santan rebound after his disasterous debut to pitch a very solid game.
                      Correction.

Magic's first start was good. He gave up 4 runs. Off 2 Solo HR's and a 2 run dinger. In total he gave up 5 hits (3 hr's) struck out 8 and walked one. Threw 98 pitches and 66 of those were strikes.

So far the pitching staff has looked GREAT! I know the record doesnt reflect it but outside of the one game with Philly the offense hasnt shown up yet.

I like Holland because he is in much of the same mold Soria was. Has command of multiple pitches and is good. I really like Herrera because he can dial it up if he needs to and has a breaking ball in his arsenal.

I say we just abolish the closer role altogether because its the most over-rated position in all of baseball.

Comment

Giving up 3HRs in a game is disasterous in my opinion. He did strike out quite a few and he does throw strikes. I just hope he can limit the long balls going forward. Pitching in KC helps.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Giving up 3HRs in a game is disasterous in my opinion. He did strike out quite a few and he does throw strikes. I just hope he can limit the long balls going forward. Pitching in KC helps.
                          prove to me you dont beat your wife tho...

just kidding. I agree that the homeruns were bad. But when you look at the numbers he pitched great. Peripherals looked really good. but lets be honest. If the offense picks him up and we won we're really not talking about them. Giving up 4 runs is pretty average at worst in the AL.

To quote you - 'Im not worried" :)

Comment

Those are all fair points. I guess the HRs just stood out a ton. And the offense, for the most part, has gotten out to a slow start.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Sorry that it had to be you Mike.

Comment

Working...
                              X