Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State is tops in state for students finding jobs in Kansas

Interesting read...none of which surprises me. :cowbell:

You have less than a 50/50 proposition of finding a job if you graduate from KU? And you pay 1.5x the credit hour cost to attend that school? So you accumulate 50% MORE DEBT and have a 25% less chance of finding a job to pay that additional debt monster off.

If you have kids going to KU I strongly urge you to reevaluate the college landscape. It is not like when we were in college.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Interest to know what percentage of WSU alumni find jobs in Sedgwick county

I'd think KC area gets a good percentage of alumni

Comment

Playing devil's advocate here, but what kind of jobs are these students getting? I realize that over the last few years, any income is better than no income, but let's get some salary and industry statistics to put this into perspective. And is that including both undergraduate and graduate students?

Comment

I am lucky (and unlucky - depends on how you want to look at it) to be able to go back to school FT. I know they have been really pushing CO-OP opportunities to us. I wouldnt mind getting involved but I have some situations which will not allow me to do so. I know internships are a really good way of getting a possible offer from a company as you get to "sample the goods" plus alot of students will as @spesshockalum stated "take any income because its better than no income" so many of those companies will offer employment at a good salary but lower than market value in some (possibly many cases)

Comment

Working...
          X