Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R.I.P. Heath Ledger - Kid's Don't Do Drugs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Heath Ledger - Kid's Don't Do Drugs!

Dead at 28, what a waste. I guess his last performance as the 'Joker' in the new Batman Film will be his last whoorahh.

Did they even finish filming yet? it comes out in '09, right?

Comment

Actor Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday of a possible drug overdose in a Lower Manhattan apartment, the New York Police Department said.
      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I was listening to the TV news, and the anchor said "police are not considering his death a crime..."

Neither am I. Shame he's dead, but he wasn't that good of an actor...
        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
        Students > Alumni
        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
          I was listening to the TV news, and the anchor said "police are not considering his death a crime..."

Neither am I. Shame he's dead, but he wasn't that good of an actor...
          He was a pretty decent actor, made some films that were questionable, but some performances were pretty good.

Comment

Drugs kill.

As far as I'm concerned one less idiot on the earth and one more reason not to EVER do drugs.

Comment

Now the media is saying there were sleeping pills strewn about next to him. I guess this means he had other issues rather than a drug problem. The media......can't ever take their word on things. Oh well, the medical examiner will find the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                Drugs kill.

As far as I'm concerned one less idiot on the earth and one more reason not to EVER do drugs.
                You're too smart for that kind of quote. No doubt drugs are a scourge on many in our society. They can and do indeed kill. Heath Ledger, like many OD victims, was a father, a friend and son. It's a bad deal.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Ive seen pictures and of course the trailer to the new Batman. Heath was/is going to be #%^&!$* awesome in that role.

For the roles he was in he was pretty good there are a few of his movies that I havent seen yet.

Comment

I liked a Knight's Tale...

I never saw Brokeback...
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

I do really like A Knight's Tale. Patriot was good and I look forward to see The Dark Knight.

It's a shame really. I hate to see any young person die so meaninglessly.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                        Drugs kill.

I agree 100% drugs are bad but to call the guy an idiot after he just died is a out of line IMHO. Have you met him personally?

Comment

I'll confess that PERHAPS idiot was out of line, however, I am really fed up with the "martyrdom" syndrome that seems to be attached to famous hollywood or sports figures.

People act like like these people live these dark and tortured existence and that we can't fathom the struggles of their "lives under the microscope" existence. Nothing could be further from the truth. Most, if not all, choose the lifestyle they lead. I would bet that most individuals on welfare would be happy to swap places with them.

He left a wife and a son, correct? I feel for them, big time. No child should have to go through something like that. I'll save my sympathy for the people that choose to stay behind and fight the good fight and be responsible adults and a positive influence on their children and society as a whole and not waste it on those that choose what they mistakenly think is the easy way out.

Comment

And no, wx, I do not know him personally. In fact I have never heard of him as I have not seen any of his movies and I'm not a big fan of hollywood anyway.

I have, however, dealt with the demons that apparently he did so I think I have a pretty good database from which to draw conclusions regarding taking the easy way out.

Comment

Just my opinion, which is like everyone else's :)

If his death was an accident it's a tragedy. If he intended to head into the afterlife, he's nothing but a coward for whom I have no respect. I do feel for his child and any abandonment of her is cr(ue)l and selfish that is why (if his death was intentional) he is a coward in my book.

Now on to UNI!

Go Shocks!!!!
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X