Merry Christmas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas!

I don't have any great words like the Doc normally does. I just want to say that if you possess a light that brightens people days and effects the people around you use it, don't let it go to waste. The world is an increasingly dark place and the influences you have on people, young and old can be immeasurable. I don't think I'd be the person I am today without my parents, my basketball coach, my track coach, and youth group leader - to name a few. I went through severe depression and anxiety before my senior season of basketball last year and the players and coaches on that team really drug me from the infinite spiral into a bottomless pit. I can not express my gratitude to them enough, and I haven't made it clear to them just how much they helped me. It is my only goal to be able to repay them in anyway I can. Reach out to people, make an effort.

Merry Christmas, I leave you with a picture I took of the Moon around 12:15 Christmas morning. The moon had a beautiful Halo around it (Jupiter and Venus near too), and for some obvious reasons it really touched me and resonated with me. God Bless you and your family through the rest of this year and 2013.

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

What an awesome post! Thanks for the heart felt inspiration!

Now I don't know nothin' about nothin' but I'm thinking the absolute best way you can repay those people that have turned your life around is to pass it on by making a difference in somebody else's life.

That and do something with your life. What good is it when your influences pull you out of the abyss, just to watch you slip back in it? Dedicate yourself to a career you will enjoy and go after it relentlessly!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Merry X-Mas, Happy New Year!
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
        I don't have any great words like the Doc normally does. I just want to say that if you possess a light that brightens people days and effects the people around you use it, don't let it go to waste. The world is an increasingly dark place and the influences you have on people, young and old can be immeasurable. I don't think I'd be the person I am today without my parents, my basketball coach, my track coach, and youth group leader - to name a few. I went through severe depression and anxiety before my senior season of basketball last year and the players and coaches on that team really drug me from the infinite spiral into a bottomless pit. I can not express my gratitude to them enough, and I haven't made it clear to them just how much they helped me. It is my only goal to be able to repay them in anyway I can. Reach out to people, make an effort.

Merry Christmas, I leave you with a picture I took of the Moon around 12:15 Christmas morning. The moon had a beautiful Halo around it (Jupiter and Venus near too), and for some obvious reasons it really touched me and resonated with me. God Bless you and your family through the rest of this year and 2013.

Actually, your words and sentiments are great. Well done young man. You've already learned life lessons and overcome demons that someone at my advanced age continues to battle. I know what you've defeated and I applaud both your courage and determination.

Remember the reason for the Season.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to one and all.

Matthew 2:10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy.

Luke 2:10 And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy that will be for all the people.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
          I leave you with a picture I took of the Moon around 12:15 Christmas morning. The moon had a beautiful Halo around it (Jupiter and Venus near too), and for some obvious reasons it really touched me and resonated with me. God Bless you and your family through the rest of this year and 2013.

I checked Google Sky for that date and time and Venus wasn't in the vicinity of the Moon or Jupiter. Venus wouldn't have been visible until around 6:30 that morning.

Comment

6:30 is about when wise men get up.

Comment

Working...
            X