So Disgusted by my University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Disgusted by my University

For those that don't know I do attend KU for Atmospheric Sciences, if you find another school in-state with the program, let me know.

At the KU Beta Theta Pi chapter members abused and harrassed a Turkey for apparent enjoyment. The party seems to be a traditional party that is held every year after finals at the house. The broke into the cage, got the turkey out and then killed it.

So disgusting. There are advantages to being Greek (I am not), but reckless behavior happens all the time in them. Fraternity members from 15 years ago would hardly recognize the current fraternity scene.

So ashamed.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

That's a bit of a blanket statement. Yes, that is an example of reckless and stupid behavior, but don't think for a minute that much the same thing goes on at non-Greek housing.

Also, I would wager that on a per student basis, the Greek system is far more philanthropic, especially at your school of choice.

And while I won't debate the "15 year" comparison, history tells me that the Greek system is much more refined than it was say 40 or 30 or even 20 years ago. There are more eyes today on everything.

I totally agree that what happened at the Butt Hut is inexcusable and reprehensible, but it seems to be an isolated incident and I suspect they will dole out the appropriate punishment for the few (one?) involved.

There is evil everywhere.

And if you need more evidence of good Greek vs bad Greek, swing by the Theta house and check out a former Shocker vball athlete. That should turn your frown upside down.

Comment

Do we change their name from the Chickenhawks to the Turkeyhawks now?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        That's a bit of a blanket statement. Yes, that is an example of reckless and stupid behavior, but don't think for a minute that much the same thing goes on at non-Greek housing.

Also, I would wager that on a per student basis, the Greek system is far more philanthropic, especially at your school of choice.

And while I won't debate the "15 year" comparison, history tells me that the Greek system is much more refined than it was say 40 or 30 or even 20 years ago. There are more eyes today on everything.

I totally agree that what happened at the Butt Hut is inexcusable and reprehensible, but it seems to be an isolated incident and I suspect they will dole out the appropriate punishment for the few (one?) involved.

There is evil everywhere.

And if you need more evidence of good Greek vs bad Greek, swing by the Theta house and check out a former Shocker vball athlete. That should turn your frown upside down.
        There's no doubt they are more philanthropic, their is way more fundraising going on in the Greek system.

Now, I'm not saying Greek is bad. I was going to rush but was out of country at the time of formal, and to be honest, too lazy to rush informal. Now I've found people that I'm gonna live with next year so I don't think I'm going to spring Rush.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

This brings beating your meat to a whole new level.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Not only does this not represent an entire university, it doesn't represent the national fraternity, or even that individual chapter as a whole. A handful of idiots made a horrible decision, that the rest of the men at that chapter will be punished for. It's sad when a few bad apples ruin it for everyone.

Hopefully the guys who took part in this will see legal action, as well as their roll number removed from the fraternity books.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I'm disgusted by your university too and it has nothing to do with abusing a chicken.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                I'm disgusted by your university too and it has nothing to do with abusing a chicken.

T

...:cool:
                He was choking the chicken.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                X