Here is your probable Heisman winner folks:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is your probable Heisman winner folks:

Why haven't we heard more about this event?

Yep. Has anyone seen anybody being interviewed about the Heisman other than Manziel? Anyone? With all the national media hype going to Manziel and nothing but local media interviewing Klein, the actual presentation is just a formality now.

Comment

This is all just a misunderstanding. Manziel had terrible allergies and had taken some Nyquil that night, when his friend, Brant, called him to pick him up because he (Brant) was too drunk to drive home. So Manziel splashes some water on his face to wake up, and then takes a swig of mouthwash to knock out his "I just woke up breath".

As they were walking back to their car Brant recognized an old buddy, McKinney, as they were walking down the street. Brant said in a very strong Texas drawl, "You look bigger." This explains why in the officer's statement that the witness said, "[Brant] had not meant to say the word and that he was taking him home."

However, it was too late as McKinney had misunderstood and elevated the confrontation to a physical one by confronting Brant. Manziel "stepped in between" Brant and McKinney and tried to stop the fight. But McKinney was in a rage and started becoming physical with Manziel.

Manziel told McKinney that fighting is "Gosh danged wrong, so let's 'wrassle' or cage match for your honor." McKinney obviously accepted the friendly challenge by doing a standard pre-game MMA warmup Tai Chi Push Chest move on Manziel. Manziel, being the good sport that we know him to be, responded respectfully by returning the Tai Chi Push Chest and then began to spar with McKinney; teaching him a few good moves right before the officer pulled up.

Now I don't know how many of you have sparred with Nyquil trying to knock your butt to sleep, but it really gets you disoriented. So it should be of NO surprise when the cop indicates that Manziel was a little dizzy and slurring his speech. Further, the "odor" the cop was smelling was clearly the mouthwash. Red, glassy eyes? Well what did the officer think that Manziel was taking the Nyquil for? Allergies of course. Show me a victim of allergies that doesn't have bloodshot, glassy eyes.

Now, being the good samaritan that Manziel is, he does not wish to press charges against McKinney for initiating a physical, but friendly, MMA sparring session.

Also the cop's testimony is a little suspect as he apparently suffers from CSPD, which must be a disorder debilitating enough that he apparently has to place it next to his signature when he signs documents.

Thoughts?
      Last edited by Kung Wu; December 4, 2012, 12:31 PM.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

You haven't heard more about that because its Texas, and because its A&M. College Station is a drinking town. I have a buddy that graduated from the Ag program there, and he has stories that are almost unbelieveable until I remind myself who is telling them. That is also the college that stacks tree trunks 100 ft high for a bonfire before they play Texas. It collapsed one year and killed a bunch of students, but they still do it.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
        X