• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fi Kansas City Gets The #1 Draft Pcik, they Will:

Just exactly how will they foul it up?
    Trade it because they're too cheap to pay that kind of a signing bonus
    29.41%
    Trade it because they realize they are utterly incompetent at evaluating talent at that level
    35.29%
    Trade it for 2 7th round picks because it's going to take more than one player to fix their mess
    23.53%
    Trde it for Tony Romo because they need an experienced quarterback
    11.76%
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

If San Francisco trades Alex Smith, you would do well to pick him up. Then trade the #1 pick for a couple of lower first round picks.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

No. Alex smith is no more than a game manager, unless you trade a fourth rd pick. Kirk cousins would be just as good. I want a miracle and Johnny Manziel when he comes out in two years
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
        If San Francisco trades Alex Smith, you would do well to pick him up.
        Yuck!

Comment

Draft Collin Klein and get Snyder in a package deal.

Comment

All of the above
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I'm not impressed with the offensive players coming out for this year's draft. Defensively, there are numerous prospects that could help this team. Hard to say what they should do. They definitely need a QB, Geno Smith throws lasers and is accurate, but I'm not sure how good his football IQ is when he gets pressured. Is Barkley fragile, is his arm strength NFL quality? The Chiefs have so many needs, the number one pick is not going to cure this team quickly.

Comment

Who cares if they get an experienced QB? He will fail the moment he goes to KC - it's a QB graveyard. Romo is already terrible at Dallas, so unless you're going with reverse logic, that is an equally stupid move.

Comment

Kiper says Geno, Barkley, etc will all go between 20 and 50.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                    Who cares if they get an experienced QB? He will fail the moment he goes to KC - it's a QB graveyard. Romo is already terrible at Dallas, so unless you're going with reverse logic, that is an equally stupid move.
                    That's how he got included in the poll.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                      The Chiefs have so many needs, the number one pick is not going to cure this team quickly.
                      Do they, though? A new QB (Geno or bust) and a new coaching staff and GM will work wonders for this team IMO. And yes, it's not guaranteed that Pioli is gone after this season, especially now.. but I'm crossing my fingers.

I really, really like the O-line. They definitely need to resign Albert, but Donald Stephenson has been amazing at filling in at LT. Breaston has already proven himself to be a talented receiver in Arizona and I think Bowe will prove to be good, if he hasn't already, with a QB that can actually get the ball to him. That's assuming Bowe comes back of course. Not sure about Baldwin. Moeaki will be good assuming he can stay injury-free, which is a stretch.

The defense is where a lot of picks need to go, which makes no sense considering how many picks have gone to it already. We should have never let Carr walk and desperately need a #2 corner. The D-line obviously needs help. Tamba / DJ / Houston are solid LB's, but we're going to need someone to fill in for Belcher and I'm not sure if Siler will cut it. Rolando McClain maybe? Eric Berry will be fine, not sure about Lewis. Lewis gets injured pretty often and even when he's healthy.. he has a knack for getting interceptions but that's about it. Most of all this defense needs more depth IMO. I like Brown as a backup and Arenas as a nickelback, but we should have better backups than Abram Elam.

However, I do think a good QB can hide a lot of faults on a team. You raise a good point about whether Geno Smith will be good and whether he has the IQ but it's about time this team took a chance on a QB.

Comment

I'm just not sure this is the year they need to spend a high first round draft pick on a QB when none of them scream success. And I'm the one who's been begging them to draft a QB.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                          Romo is a good quarterback who is a victim of circumstance right now in Dallas. He has a career 95.8 QBR which places him in the top 20 all-time and has 168 TD passes to only 87 INTs. Not a bad ratio. His offensive line stinks to high heaven this year and he's always under pressure. No QB is going to perform well, not even Brady or Manning, if they are under constant pressure. In addition, Dallas' running game has been non-existent this season with Demarco Murray being gone for half the season and no quality back-up to speak of. If you can't run, the opponents defense is going to pin their ears back and rush the QB all the time and scheme their defense against the pass.

Comment

Kolb might be available, maybe Hasselbeck, Colt McCoy, Tavaris? Who do you want if not a rookie?

Comment

not saying KC will draft him, but I think either Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith go in the top 5. QBs ALWAYS go way higher than they are drafted
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                              X