No announcement yet.

Chiefs Draft Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soooo.....what basically every one is trying to say is, that this team needs a lot of help and the wounds are so deep this year's draft isn't going to heal them no matter who we draft. It'll be another long year but the only bright spot is, we will have another Top 5 pick.

Comment

Please draft Henne!!

Pave the way for the Oakland resurgence!!
      Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
      Students > Alumni
      If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
      The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

I think the Chiefs have too many problems to fix with 1 draft, especially considering they said they will not take on 'Free Agents'.

Comment

If the order works out that Matt Ryan is available, should the Chiefs go for him? I'm sorry, while Croyle may be a servicable QB, I just don't see him as the type that can put his team on his shoulders in a tight game in the fourth quarter.

It will take a couple of years for the Chiefs to rebuild. My hope is 2008 can see a jump to 6-8 wins.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
            I think the Chiefs have too many problems to fix with 1 draft, especially considering they said they will not take on 'Free Agents'.
            They didn't say they wouldn't take free agents. They said they wouldn't take any that are towards the end of their career.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand
              If the order works out that Matt Ryan is available, should the Chiefs go for him? I'm sorry, while Croyle may be a servicable QB, I just don't see him as the type that can put his team on his shoulders in a tight game in the fourth quarter.

It will take a couple of years for the Chiefs to rebuild. My hope is 2008 can see a jump to 6-8 wins.
              In my opinion i dont think Ryan will be very good, i watched a couple of his games this year, and he does not impressive me. And Herm has said in his press conference that he does not see a Franchise type QB in this draft, and i agree with him. Would Ryan be upgrade over croyle, maybe, maybe not, but i really dont think you could take him unless you are pretty sure he is a franchise qb. Because i think the only reason Ryan is gonna go in the top ten is because he is the best option at QB in this years draft class. In other years he would be lucky to be taken in the first round I really think the chiefs have no choice here and go OT as the first pick. Brodie will improve alot this year. Improving the surrounding cast will help him out alot The very few times that Brodie had time to throw, he made some outstanding throws. I just think you need to give Brodie one more year, rebuld the offensive line and spark up the D, and if Brodie has not improved that much this year, then you go into next draft class with looking hard at a QB. Browns in a way made a mistake and gave way too earlier on Derek Andersen and now they dont have a first round draft pick this year because of it.
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                Soooo.....what basically every one is trying to say is, that this team needs a lot of help and the wounds are so deep this year's draft isn't going to heal them no matter who we draft. It'll be another long year but the only bright spot is, we will have another Top 5 pick.

I actually saw a 2009 Mock Draft and it had the Chiefs with the #1 overall pick taking Tim Tebow.
                "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                  Originally posted by KC Shox

I actually saw a 2009 Mock Draft and it had the Chiefs with the #1 overall pick taking Tim Tebow.
                  If Brodie dont pan out this year, thats who i have my eye on

Comment

Here's a thought: Do the Chiefs dare draft Aqib Talib from Kansas at 4 or 5? He's listed as the top CB in the draft by Mel Kiper.
                    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I am just not convinced that Croyle is the guy, and with a top 5 pick, I can't get excited as a fan with a lineman being choosen. I say take a chance with a QB like Ryan. This draft looks really deep for OL so the chiefs should be able to pick that up with a later pick. I would not count on getting a top pick next year, just think Croyle could end up with a servicable year, win 6-7 games, now you are around pick 10, and a franchise QB may not be there next year.

Comment

Here's a thought: Do the Chiefs dare draft Aqib Talib from Kansas at 4 or 5? He's listed as the top CB in the draft by Mel Kiper.
                        not at 4 or 5

I wouldnt mind they picked him up though in the draft.

Comment

Draft a kicker! Whatever's bad for KC is good for Oakland!!!
                          Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                          Students > Alumni
                          If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                          The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                            not at 4 or 5

Talib has been projected to go in the top 10 in some Mock Drafts. I don't think the Chiefs should go after him, unless they trade for another 1st rounder.
                            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Im not a big fan of drafting a corner in the first, especially with the cover 2 scheme we run. We should wait til the 2nd or 3rd. I kind of got my eye on Cason from Arizona in the 2nd round

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                                not at 4 or 5

Talib has been projected to go in the top 10 in some Mock Drafts. I don't think the Chiefs should go after him, unless they trade for another 1st rounder.
                                Yeah I know hes projected pretty high. Which sucks. As much as we need to revamp the secondary the Oline is much bigger concern. That would be cool though for him to just go up the road and im sure he would be a big fan favorite with all the Jayhawk fans in the area.

Comment

Working...
                                X