So Political Junkies, Splain to Me…..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Political Junkies, Splain to Me…..

…the ways, short of his death, Dems can replace Biden as nominee now. Obviously, he can announce retirement and not seeking re-election. What else?

25th Amendment / illness and I believe all campaign finance dollars can only go to Kamala

Comment

Does anybody really think the Bidens will give up pardon power? I say NO WAY Jill gives that up with her son being in the situation he's in.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Does anybody really think the Bidens will give up pardon power? I say NO WAY Jill gives that up with her son being in the situation he's in.
        Interesting thought. So if says he will not seek reelection he still has that power for several months correct?

Any word on Camp David meeting?

Comment

They could always get an actor to play him. Pretty sure most of the idiotic public would be fooled.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Interesting thought. So if says he will not seek reelection he still has that power for several months correct?

Any word on Camp David meeting?
            Brit Hume @brithume

Oh great. Quote: "One of the strongest voices imploring Mr. Biden to resist pressure to drop out was his son Hunter Biden, whom the president has long leaned on for advice..."​

Comment

I think there is some preemptive power of pardon but its mostly untested I think. It'd be best for Jill if all charges against Hunter were brought as quickly as possible.

Comment

“The decision has been made that Biden will not seek reelection” according to Bill O’Reilly.

grain of salt here

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  “The decision has been made that Biden will not seek reelection” according to Bill O’Reilly.

grain of salt here
                  What network is he even on now?

Comment

Bidens could easily negotiate future pardons with Kamala I suppose. Will Kamala give up running? That's the next hurdle for the Dems to overcome.
                    Last edited by Kung Wu; June 30, 2024, 09:37 PM.

Comment

If Kamala takes over as Pres, she could appoint Hillary or Newsome as Veep, then state she will not run for reelection. Then the Dems will have funneled money to whoever they wanted Kamala to appoint. Kamala will have to play ball.

Comment

That is the path for the Dems.

Comment

The outgoing President has the power to pardon up to the January 20 inauguration.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The outgoing President has the power to pardon up to the January 20 inauguration.
                            Why wouldn't the Biden's negotiate with Kamala that if Biden drops out she has to agree to pardon anyone and everyone in the Biden family at any time they request during her Presidency?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Why wouldn't the Biden's negotiate with Kamala that if Biden drops out she has to agree to pardon anyone and everyone in the Biden family at any time they request during her Presidency?
                              That is a plausible scenario that she’d probably agree to, although the Biden family would have to trust her. Hunter’s remaining tax fraud trial (several felonies) in California should be done before January.

Comment

Working...
                              X