First Ad For Fairmount College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Ad For Fairmount College

I find it interesting how the character of the school from the beginning was focused on helping young people get ahead, even if of "limited means", so long as you are willing to work hard. I think that frame of mind still shapes WSU today. We aren't a school of and for just the wealthy and elite. We are a "roll your sleeves up and get to work" place. Adding WSU Tech into the fold just bolsters that notion in my mind. My son, who will be a senior in high school next year, will be spending half his day in the WSU Tech construction/carpentry program, working towards completing a technical certificate at the same time he gets his high school diploma. I love the fact he is entering one of the trades, and his late paternal grandpa would be very proud!

Here is the first ad for Fairmount College.

image.png
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
    I find it interesting how the character of the school from the beginning was focused on helping young people get ahead, even if of "limited means", so long as you are willing to work hard. I think that frame of mind still shapes WSU today. We aren't a school of and for just the wealthy and elite. We are a "roll your sleeves up and get to work" place. Adding WSU Tech into the fold just bolsters that notion in my mind. My son, who will be a senior in high school next year, will be spending half his day in the WSU Tech construction/carpentry program, working towards completing a technical certificate at the same time he gets his high school diploma. I love the fact he is entering one of the trades, and his late paternal grandpa would be very proud!

Here is the first ad for Fairmount College.

image.png
    Surprising the ad has at least one spelling error. I didn't proof the entire thing.

Comment

I love this kinda stuff… still not sure we (WSU) does a good enough job honoring our proud past…

Fairmount College
      Municipal ‘University of Wichita’
      Wichita State University
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Pogo helped write that ad.

Comment

Seriously I love these sorts of historical posts. I think we should start a WSU/Fairmount Article/Pictorial Thread.

Comment

As warned by others here Uncloistered Halls is indeed a historical narrative of Our University and does tend to be tedious at times. I have found it best to be consumed in small quantities. It is amazing to note the similar problems that plagued the New University and the problems it now faces. The founding fathers all seemed to have one trait in common which was the trait to persevere in the face of hardship. Go Shocks I did not write that notice as Shoxlax has purported but merely proof read it.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Surprising the ad has at least one spelling error. I didn't proof the entire thing.
              I can't find it.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I can't find it.
                DERARTMENT OF FINE ARTS, is the one that jumped out at me.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

DERARTMENT
                  That's wrong?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I can't find it.

What was lost has now been found.

Comment

Working...
                    X