Wichita Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita Radio

Wife just told me about kick ass new radio station: 100.5 The Twister. KVWF.

They play old school country!!! Which is sooo much better than the repetitive new stuff.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

They play old school country!!! Which is sooo much better than the repetitive new stuff.
    I like the "old school country" also, reminds me of listening to KFDI am radio many moons ago... they also had great weather coverage; "this is Nelson Shock, I'm at 101st north and Oliver and we have golf ball sized hail here... bam, bam, bam bam..."

I have to admit, I also like some of the new country. I really like Luke Combs and Luke Bryan.

Examples: Unfortunately, the first song 'Hurricane', could have been written about me and my first true love; a very difficult time for ole WstateU. Yipes Stripes Beechnut Gum!

I'm sure we all can relate to this one...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Tompall Glaser PUT ANOTHER LOG ON THE FIRE Lyrics and Song (youtube.com)

Comment

Comment

Loved listening to old school country at my grandpa's house when I was a wee lad ...

BABY'S got her bluejeans on!

Comment

Just a SWANGIN'!

Comment

I do not like listening to the radio. I was a passenger in a car this weekend for almost 24 minutes and had to put up with the radio. This weekend was the first time I've listened to the radio since the last time I listened to way back in 2023. And it still sucks. I don't know how people put up with it. The blatant self promotion of their station between nearly every song. And commercials. It sucks.

You all should do yourself a huge favor.

Get one of these...

Then get one of these...

Create music folders on the drive.

Go to youtube or insert your own CDs. Rip the cd to the computer, or use the Sound Recorder on your computer to record audio from youtube to windows media player.

Download any all all songs you want or need to the appropriate folders. I have a Classical music folder, Old country, Rock, 90s, 80s, 70s, and favorites. Plug the drive into your car's system and tell it to randomly play selections from a specific folder or to randomly play across all the folders. When you're not in the mood for a particular song playing, press the "Next" button on your steering wheel. I was radio free until this weekend. Almost 300 days clean.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                I do not like listening to the radio. I was a passenger in a car this weekend for almost 24 minutes and had to put up with the radio. This weekend was the first time I've listened to the radio since the last time I listened to way back in 2023. And it still sucks. I don't know how people put up with it. The blatant self promotion of their station between nearly every song. And commercials. It sucks.

Get one of these...

Then get one of these...

Go to youtube or insert your own CDs. Rip the cd to the computer, or use the Sound Recorder on your computer to record audio from youtube to windows media player.

Download any all all songs you want or need to the appropriate folders. I have a Classical music folder, Old country, Rock, 90s, 80s, 70s, and favorites. Plug the drive into your car's system and tell it to randomly play selections from a specific folder or to randomly play across all the folders. When you're not in the mood for a particular song playing, press the "Next" button on your steering wheel. I was radio free until this weekend. Almost 300 days clean.
                I don't mind some of the commercials on local radio, but my sweet spot is XM '70's on 7' when I'm away from local radio. On XM, I'll also listen to some hard rock, jazz, old country, Elvis, ESPN radio and Blue-Collar Comedy.

Comment

Yeah, commercials don't bother me for some reason. Maybe if there is a super long string of them it does, like right on the hour. But other than that, not really.

Comment

You don't mind commercials? I have no words for you people. I just feel like maybe we're not a good fit anymore. But don't worry....

And Jazz? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Get one of these...

Then get one of these...

I've done that for years off of YouTube. Before that, I made CDs and before that cassette tapes. Kept my originals in great shape. Also checked out music at the library and copied what I liked. Always keep a selection in the car. It's great for trips.

Comment

I did the library route as well. They're a wonderful resource.

Comment

I love radio.

Comment

I like the talk radio station too. 98.7. But mostly gotta have music blasting hahaha.

Comment

Dan Dillon in the KFDI Weather Center…….

Comment

Working...
                              X