2024 Aurora - Friday/Sat/Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 Aurora - Friday/Sat/Sun

Big storm last night. Another possible storm tonight and tomorrow night. The issue is timing and intensity. NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center says they can provide 30 minutes warning before it starts.

G3 Storm has started (G5 is highest), G4/G5 Watch is out.

Couple photos I took last night

Attached Files

Comment

Another

Attached Files

Comment

How long did it last? I looked up a few times after dark and didn't see anything. I do have a ton of trees and houses around though limiting visibility.
        Last edited by Ta Town Shocker; May 11, 2024, 07:22 PM.
        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
          How long did it last? I looked up a few times after dark and didn't see anything. I do have a ton of trees and houses around though limiting visibility.
          It was off and on. My pictures were taken just after dark. It moved for me from east to west, looking north. To the eye, it was greyish, but with the camera, it picked up color. I went out and checked it out periodically after that, but it had faded. But I heard that maybe from 2-4 a.m., it came back strong.

Comment

What time were those pictures taken?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              What time were those pictures taken?
              My pictures were taken between about 945 and 1030 pm yesterday.

Totally different today. Not a hint yet, but some are saying it is going to be around 5am to 7am Sunday morning.

Comment

It’s been overcast up here but there are some amazing pictures from it.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I took my drone up about 1130pm on Friday night, wished I had did it early in the evening when I was doing my
                  other shots.
                  Attached Files

Comment

From North Atlanta
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                    X