ICT Regulators (AFL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICT Regulators (AFL)

I didn't realize that the Arena Football League is being revived and that Wichita is involved. This will be the first season of the rebirthed AFL.

The Wichita Regulators will be playing games at Hartman Arena.

I haven't been to an arena/indoor game in years. There was a lot of chaos with ownership and name changes and locations and it got hard. But the AFL has a TV deal with Gray Television to air games, so look for channel 12 to have some games on this spring. There will also be games on the NFL Network and Wichita will be hosting such a game on June 8th when we host the legendary AFL team Philadelphia Soul. This could be a big deal and opportunity for Wichita as a whole. The AFL has a long history and had some great years with great talent and teams. I grew up watching the Arena League every chance I got. We used to be in AF2 back when we were the Wichita Stealth and those were some fun times. I went to a number of games when we were the Warlords and Stealth with friends and family.

It also sounds like they're going all out to make each game a family friendly event with a lot of entertainment even outside of the game itself.

I really hope that this hits and the AFL can build upon its name and become a fun and somewhat big deal again. If Wichita can be a part of that even better.

This years schedule is below. I need to do more research but I'm guessing the league is essentially broken up into east and west as I know there are a number of teams along the east coast outside of just Philly. I know there's at least one in Georgia and I think there's a couple actually.

This should be a good time and I hope some of you at least consider checking it out. I know I have a group of friends already talking about and planning to get out to at least one.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    I didn't realize that the Arena Football League is being revived and that Wichita is involved. This will be the first season of the rebirthed AFL.

The Wichita Regulators will be playing games at Hartman Arena.

I haven't been to an arena/indoor game in years. There was a lot of chaos with ownership and name changes and locations and it got hard. But the AFL has a TV deal with Gray Television to air games, so look for channel 12 to have some games on this spring. There will also be games on the NFL Network and Wichita will be hosting such a game on June 8th when we host the legendary AFL team Philadelphia Soul. This could be a big deal and opportunity for Wichita as a whole. The AFL has a long history and had some great years with great talent and teams. I grew up watching the Arena League every chance I got. We used to be in AF2 back when we were the Wichita Stealth and those were some fun times. I went to a number of games when we were the Warlords and Stealth with friends and family.

It also sounds like they're going all out to make each game a family friendly event with a lot of entertainment even outside of the game itself.

I really hope that this hits and the AFL can build upon its name and become a fun and somewhat big deal again. If Wichita can be a part of that even better.

This years schedule is below. I need to do more research but I'm guessing the league is essentially broken up into east and west as I know there are a number of teams along the east coast outside of just Philly. I know there's at least one in Georgia and I think there's a couple actually.

This should be a good time and I hope some of you at least consider checking it out. I know I have a group of friends already talking about and planning to get out to at least one.
    I hope they are putting in new turf for this team. That rug at Hartman has seen better days.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

I hope they are putting in new turf for this team. That rug at Hartman has seen better days.

If I'm being honest, it's flat out dangerous at this point.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
      X