Dune II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dune II

The wife and I went to the movies for the first time since before COVID. Both have enjoyed watching and re-watching Dune I. I have read the book and I kind of knew how things were supposed to go and they proceeded closely following the book. That being said the cinematography was excel lent and moved along quickly. The sound at times was overwhelming . It seemed to me that the climactic end of the movie was rushed and some what anti climactic. They really left you wanting to see the next installment which from what I remember from years ago got very strange in Dune Messiah. I will have to re read the book before going to see it.All in all a good return to the really big screen.

Originally posted by pogo View Post
    The wife and I went to the movies for the first time since before COVID. Both have enjoyed watching and re-watching Dune I. I have read the book and I kind of knew how things were supposed to go and they proceeded closely following the book. That being said the cinematography was excel lent and moved along quickly. The sound at times was overwhelming . It seemed to me that the climactic end of the movie was rushed and some what anti climactic. They really left you wanting to see the next installment which from what I remember from years ago got very strange in Dune Messiah. I will have to re read the book before going to see it.All in all a good return to the really big screen.
    I’m going to make the 4.5 hour drive to town Monday to see this at the local regal cinema . We have IMAX, 3D, 4D, and normal options. What would you recommend? I’m leaning towards IMAX but am open to 3D if it’s worth it.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

IMAX for me but if yu want to go the other route let me know

Comment

What do you call the mouse shadow in the second moon?

Comment

We call that one Muad'Dib

Comment

Can I be known as Paul Muad'Dib?

Comment

Working...
            X