Bomb Scare at UT-Austin and NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomb Scare at UT-Austin and NDSU

The UT threat seems to have been refuted as buildings are to be re-opened shortly.

Valpo also under alert, but seemingly not as serious, or they aren't taking the same precautions.

Emergency Notifications Managing and Reportinga Critical Incident Emergency Guidance Evacuation, Fire, & Hazmat Medical Emergencies Weather Information Utility Emergencies Contact Information Valparaiso UniversityPolice Department (VUPD) 813 LaPorte Ave.Phone: 219.464.5430Fax: 219.464.5197Email: vu.police@valpo.eduvalpo.edu/vupd VUPD 911/Dispatch 219.464.5430 VUPD Non-Emergency 219.464.5430 VALPO SAFE App 911 (VUPD) 911 (Central Dispatch) Panic Button (VUPD Blue Phone)Friend Walk VUPD Walk Emergency Guide/PlansSafety ToolboxCampus Maps Report a TipSupport [...]Read More...

This is nuts. I don't want it to be credible but I also don't want it to be caused by some right wing lunatic. With that said, things seem to be self destructing right before our eyes...the economy, national security, civil unrest...what will crash next? Guesses anyone?

Comment

We're easy targets for this CSII. I suspect these are all just designed to terrorize without inflicting actual harm, but what else can the schools do? And the people making the threats know this....it should be an example of why we cannot pander to these people. I'm tired of the carrot and the stick....it's time for just the stick.

Comment

I agree. It's time for the tough to get going. If you are one of the idiots making these threats you had better hope you phone number didn't get traced...and I know they have ways of tracing it.

Comment

They REALLY better hope Romney doesn't get elected.

Comment

Office building and downtown KC have a credible bomb threat with a person on the terrorist watch list. Suspect in custody.

Comment

How close are we to a 9/11 type country wide shut down? If one of these things turns out to be real..........

Of course, this could be a well organized set of fakes to get us off the scent of the real, as of yet unidentified threat.

God, I hope not.......

Comment

a 1 mile radius of airspace is off limits.

Comment

2 dead in a shooting at Kaufman Stadium.

Comment

Okay, both of these things seem somewhat benign now. Kaufman Stadium appears to be an attempted murder suicide domestic type incident. The guy in custody on the bomb threat is a former Chiefs season ticket holder and borderline lunatic, perhaps in the mold of Crazy Mike.

Comment

Here's a story done back in 2003 on the KC guy. Very interesting read.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                        This is nuts. I don't want it to be credible but I also don't want it to be caused by some right wing lunatic. With that said, things seem to be self destructing right before our eyes...the economy, national security, civil unrest...what will crash next? Guesses anyone?
                        KC will win the Superbowl
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

LSU evacuated today after bomb scare called in.

Campus completely evacuated, all students, faculty, and staff still not back on campus yet.

Comment

There's this group of people who keep trying to impose their values on the rest of the world and if you don't go along they start saying they are being persecuted for being...what is the word? :lemo:

Comment

Working...
                            X