Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York City declares war on overweight people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York City declares war on overweight people.

These people are idiots......

Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
    Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

I agree people should never let themselves go. :)
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I'm not sure how this could ever be upheld in court. But look for San Francisco to follow suit soon.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

"It's sad that the board wants to limit our choices," Liz Berman, a business owner and chairwoman of New Yorkers for Beverage Choices, a beverage industry-sponsored group, said in a statement. "We are smart enough to make our own decisions about what to eat and drink."
        Well obviously that's an untrue statement or 30% of our population wouldn't be obese and diabetes wouldn't be running rampant through our society. But a government ban as a solution? C'mon, there's got to be a better way. We've done a pretty decent job limiting the health effects of smoking through education, advertising limitations, and public awareness campaigns instead of outlawing cigarettes. The easy solution to a problem is to have the government outlaw it, but that's typically the lousiest solution. I'm worried that this will start a trend in other cities.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
          "It's sad that the board wants to limit our choices," Liz Berman, a business owner and chairwoman of New Yorkers for Beverage Choices, a beverage industry-sponsored group, said in a statement. "We are smart enough to make our own decisions about what to eat and drink."
          Well obviously that's an untrue statement or 30% of our population wouldn't be obese and diabetes wouldn't be running rampant through our society. But a government ban as a solution? C'mon, there's got to be a better way. We've done a pretty decent job limiting the health effects of smoking through education, advertising limitations, and public awareness campaigns instead of outlawing cigarettes. The easy solution to a problem is to have the government outlaw it, but that's typically the lousiest solution. I'm worried that this will start a trend in other cities.
          She was still right. The majority of people are smart enough to make their own decisions. But of course, some feel you should take away the rights of the many to protect the few from themselves. Our gov't was never to protect us from ourselves to begin with.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm worried that this will start a trend in other cities.
            Can't have it both ways - you can't expect the government to give u what u want and leave those things u don't think should be touched left alone.

Comment

The ban doesn't include diet sodas? Clearly they don't understand that artificial sweeteners are weight-loss inhibitors.

This is another by-product of the ideal that healthcare is a "right". And it's only going to spread.

Comment

Once the government controls healthcare how long is it until we hear: "gun accidents" cause increased premiums, which affect everybody on our mandated insurance program, and therefore we need to ban guns? Replace "gun accidents" with anything else the government wants to ban.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Once the government controls healthcare how long is it until we hear: "gun accidents" cause increased premiums, which affect everybody on our mandated insurance program, and therefore we need to ban guns? Replace "gun accidents" with anything else the government wants to ban.
                  Do you mean fill in the blank with things like . . .

Watching "too much" television
                  Spending "too long" in front of a computer
                  Playing "too many" sports (injury risk)
                  Dangerous occupations
                  Smoking
                  "Excessive" drinking

Are those the types of things you're referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    Do you mean fill in the blank with things like . . .

Watching "too much" television
                    Spending "too long" in front of a computer
                    Playing "too many" sports (injury risk)
                    Dangerous occupations
                    Smoking
                    "Excessive" drinking

Are those the types of things you're referring to?

Yeeeep.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Outrageous. I thought New Yorkers were tough? I can't believe that crowd is actually going along with this? What a total joke.

Comment

New Yorkers go along with this because only the "little people" drink soda.

You will never see limits put on what the "refined, elite" choose to partake in.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

If you can't have a large drink, buy 2 medium drinks = Problem solved

Comment

Has the city hired 5,000 IRS workers as Soda Police? Just askin.

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
                              If you can't have a large drink, buy 2 medium drinks = Problem solved
                              Are the last two words sarcasm? If so, my sarcasm meter must be broken.

Comment

Working...
                              X