OKC Thunder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OKC Thunder

I know there are some NBA fans around here and just saw that the most local team to Wichita will now have some games aired in Wichita.

KWCH - KSCW to televise Oklahoma City Thunder games in Wichita

KSCW announced on Tuesday that it has reached an agreement with the Oklahoma City Thunder to broadcast the NBA team’s eight remaining Friday games during the rest of the 2023-24 regular season locally in the Wichita-Hutchinson area.

Thunder Friday Nights begin Jan. 26, when the Thunder plays at New Orleans.

The agreement spawns from the recent allowance by the NBA and Bally Sports for the Thunder to broaden its TV reach for Friday games during the rest of the regular season through local broadcast television stations in Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Wichita, and other markets in its region. The Friday night games will become available for approximately 2 million homes across the region.

“This is a tremendous opportunity from the NBA and Bally Sports that allows us to increase our fans’ ability to watch Friday games free and over the air this season,” said Dan Mahoney, Thunder vice president of Broadcasting. “How and where games are shown next season and beyond remains uncertain. For now, we’re pleased to have this opportunity to expand our reach and make these games more available to our fans across Oklahoma and the region.”
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Did anything ever come from that mess with Josh Giddy?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Did anything ever come from that mess with Josh Giddy?
      what was the mess?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post

what was the mess?
        Disclaimer: I don't claim to have any facts. To be honest, it's kind of an inside joke for me just to talk about Josh Giddy. The information I provide below is just what I remember seeing and my short effort to try and figure out what the hell happened.

About 5 weeks ago or so some social media posts from a young lady suggested she had hooked up with Josh. As they made their way around the internet (which happens in about .00002 seconds these days if you possess any fame) it was speculated that the young woman may have been a little too young.

The NBA said they were looking into it, a couple of law enforcement agencies were said to be investigating, the Thunder said it was a personal matter and would not comment.

Josh is 21. Apparently this happened when he was 19 in Oklahoma. Supposedly he met the young woman at a club for 18+. She could have been 13-17 at the time depending on what story you believe. I saw the pictures (nothing illegal, just 2 people fully clothed) and the young lady depicted (AI can do literally anything these days so...) could easily pass for early 20s. But, that may not matter. I saw one report that her parents and her both were embarrassed and felt remorse and were not going to cooperate. It might all be over at this point. But I haven't seen anything updated since early December. There was a large social media uproar calling him a pedo, which seems unfair at a minimum, given the probable circumstances. BUT, we have to protect the kids too. Anyway, that's what I've heard.

Comment

Cool to see. But going to see my Miami Heat against OKC in March. Going to see the Kings @ OKC in February with a friend as well.
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
            Cool to see. But going to see my Miami Heat against OKC in March. Going to see the Kings @ OKC in February with a friend as well.
            Taking too of my high school boys to OKC when they play the Rockets February 27th to see VanVleet. They were too young to really remember how good he was at WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post

Taking too of my high school boys to OKC when they play the Rockets February 27th to see VanVleet. They were too young to really remember how good he was at WSU.
              Should be an awesome time!! OKC is one of the most "fun" NBA arenas, you'll all have a blast
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Should be an awesome time!! OKC is one of the most "fun" NBA arenas, you'll all have a blast
                Been there once with my oldest...has been probably 10 years though

Comment

Working...
                X