Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best BBQ in Wichita

Can you help me out?

Where do you recommend going for the best BBQ in town?

IMO Hog Wild is the best BBQ in Wichita. I also prefer it to any place I've been to in KC also.
    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Bite Me BBQ is my current fave in town. They are just around the corner north and west from Old Mill Tasty Shop, another of my ICT favorites.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

"When Pigs Fly" on West Central

Comment

Hog Wild is where I would take someone that wanted BBQ. B&C Creations is great for consuming mass quantities, and Bite Me makes a great rib sandwich.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

I think for the best overall value, it is hard to beat Hog Wild. The BBQ is good and it is reasonably priced.

Comment

Everyone always says Hog Wild and I just don't get it. I simply don't enjoy the sauce. I also don't eat a lot of BBQ but I remember my parents having Hog Wild and others at different times and it was definitely my least favorite. Sadly, I couldn't really tell you what my favorite would be. Baffled that someone would take Hog Wild over something like Jack Stack in KC.

But I also know I'm in the minority when it comes to Hog Wild, so you'd probably enjoy it.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I prefer Two Brothers. Brisket is the best.

Comment

I like Jet, Hog Wild and B&C. Two Brothers is too smokey for me, gives me indigestion.
                  Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                  Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Bubba's Nekked Barbeque

Comment

McDonald's McRib

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
                        Bubba's Nekked Barbeque
                        Bubba's is no more. I thought Bubba's meats were the best I ever had in many years in Wichita. His sides were odd, but his meats were great. Near northwest Wichita probably isn't an area where somewhat overpriced BBQ works, so Bubba shut it down after 4 years.

Hog Wild - are you serious? Maybe I'm overly sensitive to totally dried out BBQ, but their stuff is not cooked well. It's got decent flavor, but not great texture. It's probably the most seriously overcooked and dried out BBQ I've eaten more than once. Hog Wild is slightly better as a BBQ place than Taco Bell is as a Mexican dining destination.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          "When Pigs Fly" on West Central
                          I have to second this. It's quite new and really darn good.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            I also don't eat a lot of BBQ
                            Well there's your problem.

Sadly, I couldn't really tell you what my favorite would be.
                            Thanks for sharing.

Baffled that someone would take Hog Wild over something like Jack Stack in KC.
                            Maybe you missed the part about "in town" BBQ joints.
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                              Well there's your problem.
                              I enjoy it, but don't crave it.

Thanks for sharing.
                              No problem

Maybe you missed the part about "in town" BBQ joints.
                              Nope. Responding to someone who said they prefered Hog Wild to anything in KC.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X