Wichita State Statue Recovered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State Statue Recovered

Statue stolen from Wichita State recovered in Mo.

LAMAR, Missouri (AP) — A valuable statue stolen in 1987 from Wichita State University has been recovered in southwestern Missouri, and one man is under arrest.

The Missouri State Highway Patrol says the bronze bust of American poet Robert Frost by famed sculptor Walker Hancock is currently valued at about $25,000. News reports from 1987 indicate the statue was one of three stolen early that year from an outdoor collection on the campus of the Kansas school.

Here's the originally story of the theft from 1987.

Comment

Can we blame SWOMO? :excitement:
      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
        Can we blame SWOMO? :excitement:
        Yes
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Yeah, we can blame SwoMo. From the Branson Times:

--Jonny Ray was bound and determined that night 25 years ago. He had enough with the cold winters hindering his moonshine and cooking business. He needed an change, and to make that change he needed leverage.

"I jus says to meself, Joseph, I mean Jonny Ray, what can I's do to get back at Jack Frost", he said. Then it hit him. Needless to say, the plan didnt work.--

Comment

Working...
          X