Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Ta Town Shocker;n1415391]
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    It does happen. Just see how many football players in the NFL played at low NCAA Conference, and Div. 2 Universities./QUOTE]

​​​​​​Jerry Rice and Rod Smith are a couple of receivers that come to mind. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples too. Speaking of under the radar, how does Daeonte Mitchell from Wichita East not have a D1 offer yet. He set all kind of records including best ever completion % in the state.
    Here’s another example of P4 whiffs. I just heard today from a media person that the only Div. 1 scholarship offer to Josh Allen was from Wyoming. No P4 offers? I thought they are superior talent scouts. Josh Allen, in 2017 was chosen #7 in the 1st Round. In the past year, Allen signed a $250 + Million Contract to the Buffalo Bills. How could the Alabama’s, OU’s, LSU’s, Georgia’s miss on a QB that became a first round draft (#7) choice? It’s because the Elite schools coaches aren’t as Elite as they would have you think. P4 coaches are Elite because of the resources they have. Many more Asst Coaches, video Asst coaches, video scouts, etc. They just aren’t that special.

Comment

Around ten years ago Washburn had a player on each of the Super Bowl teams.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
        Around ten years ago Washburn had a player on each of the Super Bowl teams.
        There are lots of Div. 2 NCAA players who made it in the NFL. Here’s a former NAIA Div. 2 player, from the KCAC, who became an NFL starter, NFL All Pro, pro bowler, and 8 year NFL player for the Atlanta Falcons.

Comment

Working...
        X