No announcement yet.

Drought Emergency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if we will ever see another reservoir built.

Comment

The severe drought scorching much of the nation's Midwest has lowered water levels so drastically that towns that were intentionally submerged decades ago are starting to surface. The historic drought has dried the Salamonie River in northeast Indiana so much that its receding banks are now revealing the remnants, bricks and foundations of Monument City, [...]

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        I don't know if we will ever see another reservoir built.
        Not where that one was planned. They tried to push it through a couple years ago, no avail.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

some nice rains for some part of ks

Capture.JPG

Comment

So... Did goatville get any rain or did the bubble hold? Or will dofo be pissed because he only gets two inches of rain and not the eight that he wants?
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                So... Did goatville get any rain or did the bubble hold? Or will dofo be pissed because he only gets two inches of rain and not the eight that he wants?
                There's a great joke in this post, however I'll let the sleeping 'goat' lie.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Dunno bout Goatville, but God's Country got nearly two inches. Too late to save any crops or grow any grass or feed, but a step in the right direction. Drought continues.

Comment

Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for locations worldwide

... Wichita sets rainfall record for August 25th...

As of 945 PM CDT...
                    Wichita Mid-Continent Airport had measured exactly
                    2.74 inches of rain. This
                    has inundated the record of 1.74 inches...
                    that had been set for August 25th way back in 1944... by exactly 1 inch.

A final record event report will issued when the mid-night climate
                    report is processed.

Comment

2.7" at my house; need more. drought is going to continue

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        I need federal assistance - one of my hollies died.

At least farmers who irrigate are using the water to produce something useful. When we keep our lawns green in weather like this, we're using up scarce water for purely aesthetic and vanity reasons. I'm watering my landscaping once a week - probably waited a week too long to get started, but my lawn is beautifully brown.

I was planning on reseeding the front of my house this year, but as dry as it is, the amount of water that would take is ridiculous.
                        Agree Aargh. Stop watering and mow it tall. Also, rain barrels and grey water. Conserve water AND save money.
                        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneShocker View Post
                          2.7" at my house; need more. drought is going to continue
                          You lucky dog. We only got 1.3" at our house on the extreme east side of town.
                          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

I'm currently in the middle of a tropical storm and a not a whole lot of rain going on. Definite drought. On a serious note, I understand the nation's corn crop was pretty much wiped out. With some type of corn in so many products should expect a 3% increase in food prices and perhaps other products. Is this correct?
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Probably more than 3. Corn prices, more than any other similar product, are manipulated by government policies. Your food prices rise as the govt goes green.

Comment

Just become a vegetarian and you wont have to worry about how much meat costs. But yes the corn crop to our north is pathetic. Probably time that they quit using so much corn syrup too.

Comment

Working...
                                X