FanDuel Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FanDuel Question

So I placed my first sporting bet ever yesterday, and since the Shox won I got $150 worth of "Bonus Bets" that I have to use in the next 6 days.

How would you wizards use them?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Here's what I'm thinking. I have $150 in house money that is use it or lose it in the next 6 days.

What if I take the Shox to win for $75, then also take the Shox to lose for $75? Then regardless what happens, I will convert use-it-or-lose-it house money into permanent money in my wallet.

Thoughts?

Comment

When I had free money I put it all on the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Here's what I'm thinking. I have $150 in house money that is use it or lose it in the next 6 days.

What if I take the Shox to win for $75, then also take the Shox to lose for $75? Then regardless what happens, I will convert use-it-or-lose-it house money into permanent money in my wallet.

Thoughts?
        If you do that, all you’ll be taking back is around $65, since it’s not a true even money bet (odds at best are -110).

$65 is free money for sure and nice little gift, but you could do 15 $10 bets of various straight or parlay picks and probably do better. Guess it depends how entertained you are with the whole gambling process.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

If you do that, all you’ll be taking back is around $65, since it’s not a true even money bet (odds at best are -110).

$65 is free money for sure and nice little gift, but you could do 15 $10 bets of various straight or parlay picks and probably do better. Guess it depends how entertained you are with the whole gambling process.
          Right, I knew I would come out less than half worst case, or if the long shot wins, maybe slightly more than half best case. I was just trying to lock in some moolah without time pressure (I didn't even know what a parlay was until you got me to ChatGPT it).

Now I am thinking about doing a parlay with a 30% power boost on the KU/K-State game they are offering and then hedging that parlay bet with bonus bets against each leg. Worst case I lock in something even though it's small, best case I get a nice payout due to the parlay + power boost?
          Last edited by Kung Wu; November 17, 2023, 08:56 AM.

Comment

BostonWu weren't you the one that posted you had a heap of winnings last year? You kept using a bonus of some sort -- was that on fanduel?

Comment

BostonWu weren't you the one that posted you had a heap of winnings last year? You kept using a bonus of some sort -- was that on fanduel?
              Draft Kings

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Draft Kings
                Awwww. How did the boosts work there so I can see if fanduel has something similar?

Comment

Awwww. How did the boosts work there so I can see if fanduel has something similar?
                  Plenty of 50% boosts plus $25 no brainer odds boosts

Comment

Every time I place a parlay bet, FanDuel's accountant, Rocco, calls his uncle Guido who calls his cousin Vinny who tells his buddy the referee to shave a point in order to force Kung Wu to lose $5.

Comment

Every time I place a parlay bet, FanDuel's accountant, Rocco, calls his uncle Guido who calls his cousin Vinny who tells his buddy the referee to shave a point in order to force Kung Wu to lose $5.
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Yes!!

Comment

Today on fanduel I saw the moneyline at -205 for Memphis. Okay. But I also saw Memphis at -4.5 and posted that in the game thread before the game. Again, easy money.

So I dug deeper ...

"Knowing" that Memphis was going to win, it was a matter of how much. I felt the Memphis would win by 15+. When I dug into "More wagers" bets I found "winning margin (bands)", which I had never looked at before.

There were bets for Memphis to win by 1-5 points, 6-10, and so on all the way up to 31+.

The odds as 31+ were huge .. +3500.
                          26-30 were +3000.
                          21-25 were +1600.
                          16-20 were +1000.

I figure if I bet one "unit" on each of those four outcomes, I have covered every case where Memphis wins by > 15 points, and the payout is "yuge" in terms of odds. Then if I take the straight money line with 3x "units", I can hedge for the case where they win by 15 or less.

Of course if the Shox win I would lose all seven "units" of bets, but that's why they call it gambling. :)

The 26 point win paid off +3000 odds and I got the money line on top of that, and ended up with a 406% ROI. Yay!

Did I miss an alternative way to make a hedged bet on a game where it felt certain that the score would be lopsided?

Comment

Trying this again in the Kent St vs Northern Ill game that's live right now.

Comment

lol that’s sort of random.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X