Curiosity Killed the Cat [on Mars]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curiosity Killed the Cat [on Mars]

Have been following the Curiosity rover program and it landed on Mars today. Here is a picture of the parachute deployed.

curio.JPG

It had a very, very complex landing sequence called the "seven minutes of terror".

It was a huge engineering success and photos are being posted already on the mission at the following link:

Awesome! Just Awesome!-A friend of mines son works on this project as a engineer.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Fortunately ......oh never mind, it's too easy.

Very cool stuff.

Comment

I am very confident that this is all made up and shot in a movie studio in L. A. just like the moon landing was.
        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

I'll say it- fortunately the USS Satisfaction will bring it back.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
            I am very confident that this is all made up and shot in a movie studio in L. A. just like the moon landing was.
            And 9-11 was a government conspiracy to give us an excuse to go to war.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Not to get too far off topic, but the Curiosity mission was just a ploy to allow the Martians that crashed here in 1947 to get back home. :friendly_wink:

Comment

Was OJ in the crew?
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

James Brolin.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    Not to get too far off topic, but the Curiosity mission was just a ploy to allow the Martians that crashed here in 1947 to get back home. :friendly_wink:
                    I thought they were Vegans from Venus? :playful:

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                      Man, this one time, I had this dog, and all he would do all day is run in a circle. All day non stop.

Comment

And the millions upon billions of dollars that go into these "fake" missions goes where then?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          And the millions upon billions of dollars that go into these "fake" missions goes where then?
                          I would assume fast cars and hookers.
                          An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

I would assume fast cars and hookers.
                            And beer. Can't forget the beer. And Doritos.

And SlimJims.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

You forgot peanuts

Comment

Working...
                              X