History of the British Throne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History of the British Throne

Since we have the Olympics going on in London, I thought it would be interesting to look at some of the history of the British throne. With the Internet, it's now a lot easier to look at some of the research of others.

One thing you'll notice when looking at this research is that all kings and queens of Great Britain, Scotland, and Ireland, except for Mary Queen of Scots, have been crowned over a stone called the Stone of Destiny, Stone of Scone, or Coronation Stone. It has also been called Jacob's Pillow Stone. Do a Google search for Stone of Destiny and Ireland and you'll find a lot of history mixed in with mythology and legend.

We see that this stone was originally brought to Ireland by a group made up of someone called Ollam Fodhla (which is a Hebrew name meaning Wonderful Prophet or Wonderful Seer) along with a young princess named Tamar Tephi. Irish tradition says that Ollam Fodhla, also known as Iarbanel the Prophet, was the Hebrew prophet Jeremiah. If you want to get more into the Jeremiah angle of the research, do a Google search on Jeremiah, Tamar Tephi, and Ireland.

Here are some quotes about the Coronation Stone.
    In Westminster Abbey, under the throne of Edward I, lies a stone, 26" x 16" x 10.5", of purplish-red sandstone of a type not found in the UK, but found in Judea and Moab. The stone has two very worn iron rings and has a great crack in it. All the monarchs of Great Britain since its removal from Scone, Scotland, 700 years before 1996, have been crowned upon it, apart from Mary, Queen of Scots.
    Irish legend and history recount that in the 6th Century BC [sources differ on the century; some say 5th, some 6th], on the northeast coast of Ireland (near Carrickfergus), a sage arrived from Egypt. He was accompanied by a secretary and a young Princess. They brought with them a mysterious chest and a harp; (the emblem of the Royal House of David and a motif found today in the arms of Ireland and in the Royal Coat of Arms of the House of Windsor), a banner and a large rough stone. The name of the aged seer was Ollamh Fodhla (Wonderful Seer), the secretary; Simon Brug, or Bruch, and the Princess, Tamar Tephi. This Princess married into the royal family of Ireland at this time.
    The legends state that the chest that Jeremiah brought to Ireland contained the Ark of the Covenant. That chest is buried in a mound next to the Irish Queen, Tamar Tephi and to-date, there is no evidence that this mound has ever been excavated.
    So if what some historians are saying is true, that this really was Jeremiah who brought the stone to Ireland, what does this mean? During the Babylonian captivity of the House of Judah, Jeremiah was free to roam around. He wasn't taken into captivity like the other Jews. He was free to bring one of the King's daughters (the young princess) to Ireland.

Jeremiah 43:5-7
    5But Johanan the son of Kareah and all the captains of the forces took all the remnant of Judah who had returned to dwell in the land of Judah, from all nations where they had been driven— 6men, women, children, the king’s daughters, and every person whom Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard had left with Gedaliah the son of Ahikam, the son of Shaphan, and Jeremiah the prophet and Baruch the son of Neriah. 7So they went to the land of Egypt, for they did not obey the voice of the Lord. And they went as far as Tahpanhes.

1979, may I suggest If you wish to know the history of Ireland and Scotland, go to Irish and Scottish historians. Stay away from people like the British Isrealites; www.badarchaeology.com/?page_id=996#, or Herbert W. Armstrog; en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_W._Armstrong.

No Irish kings were ever crowned on the Stone of Scone. It did not come from Ireland and there is no evidence it was ever in Ireland. Geologists have identified it as, old red sandstone. The same old red sandstone quarried near the town of Scone in Scotland.
    The only reason it now rests in England is because it was STOLEN by that BASTARD Longshanks, and his damn offspring won't give it back.

Ollom Fodla (also known as Eochaid) is NOT a Hebrew name, but is a wholly Gaelic name. According to Gaelic historians Ollom Fodla was born in Ireland, and was High King of Ireland (Ard Ri na hEireann) 943-913 BC FFE (Seathrun Ceitinn's Forus Feasa ar Eirinn).
    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

If anyone is interested, Netflex has a great three part BBC series entitled, Monarchy, which covers the British throne from beginning to the present time.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
        If anyone is interested, Netflex has a great three part BBC series entitled, Monarchy, which covers the British throne from beginning to the present time.
        Saw that recently. Very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
          1979, may I suggest If you wish to know the history of Ireland and Scotland, go to Irish and Scottish historians. Stay away from people like the British Isrealites; www.badarchaeology.com/?page_id=996#, or Herbert W. Armstrog; en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_W._Armstrong.

No Irish kings were ever crowned on the Stone of Scone. It did not come from Ireland and there is no evidence it was ever in Ireland. Geologists have identified it as, old red sandstone. The same old red sandstone quarried near the town of Scone in Scotland.
          The only reason it now rests in England is because it was STOLEN by that BASTARD Longshanks, and his damn offspring won't give it back.

Ollom Fodla (also known as Eochaid) is NOT a Hebrew name, but is a wholly Gaelic name. According to Gaelic historians Ollom Fodla was born in Ireland, and was High King of Ireland (Ard Ri na hEireann) 943-913 BC FFE (Seathrun Ceitinn's Forus Feasa ar Eirinn).
          Actually, I wasn't trying to make anyone believe one way or the other. I specifically attempted to stay away from the people you mentioned for the simple reason that someone would say just what you did. I said to do your own Google search and decide for yourself.

But considering only the throne of David, there is one thing that has to be considered, if anyone is to believe in the inspiration of the Bible. God made an unconditional covenant with King David that there would always be a descendant of his to reign on his throne. So, unless there is someone, somewhere now reigning, who is a descendant of David, then the Bible can't be trusted. At least that what those that don't believe the Bible will tell you. They will say that as far as anyone can tell, King Zedekiah was the last king to reign on David's throne, so God's promise with David has been broken and you can't believe any part of it.

Here is the covenant God made with David.

Jeremiah 33:17
          17For thus says the Lord: ‘David shall never lack a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel;
          Jeremiah 33:20-21
          20Thus says the Lord: ‘If you can break My covenant with the day and My covenant with the night, so that there will not be day and night in their season, 21then My covenant may also be broken with David My servant, so that he shall not have a son to reign on his throne,...
          And also, Psalm 89:3-4, 33-36
          3I have made a covenant with My chosen, I have sworn to My servant David: 4Your seed I will establish forever, and build up your throne to all generations.
          34My covenant I will not break, nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips. 35Once I have sworn by My holiness; I will not lie to David: 36His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before Me;
          When Christ returns to Earth as King of Kings, he won't return to a non-existent throne.

Comment

Sweet, 8 pound 3 ounce, wraped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger Jesus, this isn't Sparta. THIS IS MADNESS!!!!

Ya know, for the most part, I try to keep my nose out of discussions about the existence or non-existence of (G)god(s), aspects of religion, and other assorted belief whatnots and trinkets.

This, here, space rock can be a tough place to live. If someone's belief system makes their short time a little more pleasant, then - damn it - I'm a live and let die kinda guy. But this. This. This spook story about Christ Jesus, 1979's personal Lord and Savior, returning to planet earth to rule as King of Kings over all creation from the throne currently occupied by the non-continuous succession line of the Kings and Queens of England is crazy. Plain and simple Goofy 101.
            I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

Originally posted by Wu du Nord View Post
              Sweet, 8 pound 3 ounce, wraped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger Jesus, this isn't Sparta. THIS IS MADNESS!!!!

Ya know, for the most part, I try to keep my nose out of discussions about the existence or non-existence of (G)god(s), aspects of religion, and other assorted belief whatnots and trinkets.

This, here, space rock can be a tough place to live. If someone's belief system makes their short time a little more pleasant, then - damn it - I'm a live and let die kinda guy. But this. This. This spook story about Christ Jesus, 1979's personal Lord and Savior, returning to planet earth to rule as King of Kings over all creation from the throne currently occupied by the non-continuous succession line of the Kings and Queens of England is crazy. Plain and simple Goofy 101.
              I assume from your statements that you are either atheist or agnostic, so you can ignore my previous statements as they don't apply to you.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                I assume from your statements that you are either atheist or agnostic, so you can ignore my previous statements as they don't apply to you.
                Um... well, I'm pretty sure your previous statements were rather fictive and decidedly ungrounded in professionally accepted history.

That would be true regardless of what I believe vis-a-vis the origins of the universe and the meaning of life.

But thanks for trying!
                I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

Originally posted by Wu du Nord View Post
                  Um... well, I'm pretty sure your previous statements were rather fictive and decidedly ungrounded in professionally accepted history.
                  I swear that in the original post on this thread I thought that he was laying out the story line for National Treasure 3.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

A perfect example as to why we should attempt to keep politics and religions out of most discussions.

And getting back to far more important things like the British throne, Kate, the wife of the eventual future King of England, is a real knockout.

Comment

I don't care about her stand on religion or chicken sandwiches.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                        A perfect example as to why we should attempt to keep politics and religions out of most discussions.
                        That's why it was put in the Off-topic forum and not the Politics forum.

Comment

The Atheist isn't hard to spot; pretension, pedantry, and passive aggressive references to all things Christian make up the typical profile. It's nearly impossible for them to refrain from "contributing" to a discussion which offers them an opportunity to take a jab at Christians.

T

...:cool:

Comment

All I know about the british throne is that it can't smell too good.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                            X