Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandpa wins! Bad guys lose...

We need a lot more out there like him.

I kind of wish I had been in that theater in Colorado. Body armor won't slow down my handgun.

T

...:cool:

This situation in Florida was way different. Well lit, only a few people in the room, not a bunch of people running in chaos, no tear gas, and GPa was well-disciplined in waiting for the right opportunity to make his move. In Aurora, unless a CCH carrier was within just a few feet of the killer, a clear shot would have been difficult. I read a comment elsewhere yesterday from a CCH carrier who said he would have likely had a tough time deciding to fire, considering the darkness, smoke, and chaos, unless he was nearly within arms reach of the killer. I have no quibbles with someone with a CCH, so long as they are well-trained and well-disciplined. My biggest concern in a situation like Aurora would be an undisciplined doofus (or worse, multiples of same) who has a CCH and a raging Napoleon syndrome, trying to be a hero and making it worse. Yes, I understand the notion that even such a situation could have fewer dead and injured if someone manages to take out the shooter, but what if you end up with a situation where the carnage is worse because of chaotic crossfire, or worse, inability to properly identify the assailant?
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Lunatic shooting up the movie theatre where I am with my wife and nobody else armed.

Lunatic shooting up the movie theatre where I am with my wife and 12 CCH's with itchy trigger fingers.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather be in the latter movie theatre. I DO NOT understand the thought process of arguing the former.

Comment

I get that Doc, but what if those CCH's start shooting at each other in the "fog of war"? That nearly happened at the Gabby Giffords shooting, one CCH nearly fired on another. That is why I see the Florida situation and the Aurora one in different ways.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

And again, a well-trained and well-disciplined CCH, fine. Its the CCH doofus I'm worried about.

Comment

Course, the CCH guys don't have fully automatic weapons. I dunno which situation has the greater carnage.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Course, the CCH guys don't have fully automatic weapons. I dunno which situation has the greater carnage.
              On the other hand, with a couple of people shooting at him, he may have very well ran out the back door. He did give up with no resistance to armed police.

It was comical how fast and falling all over each other the two cowards in that video were when a single old man came charging at them.

Comment

It appears he kept firing as they were fleeing, so how long until he gets sued, or accused of racial profiling?

Comment

Working...
                X