No announcement yet.

High Cost of Gasoline in Wichita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My point was that you are a big cry baby.

Judge rules.

Point stands.

Please, please, please convince me that that you thought all corporate 'benefit programs' were put in place so you, you the consumer, could save a few nickles each paycheck. Remember, corporations are people, too, my friend.

Rube.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED, to find exploitation of the consumer happening at this gas pump.

Change your consumption patterns... or zip it.
    I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

Originally posted by Wu du Nord View Post
      higher prices and consumptiion is good for ks - means more oil millionares in KS with the latest oil boom going on through leases and fracking exploration. Wouldn't be cost-effective otherwise.

Comment

My point was that you are a big cry baby.

Judge rules.

Point stands.

Please, please, please convince me that that you thought all corporate 'benefit programs' were put in place so you, you the consumer, could save a few nickles each paycheck. Remember, corporations are people, too, my friend.

Rube.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED, to find exploitation of the consumer happening at this gas pump.

OH GEE!! Where to start, where to start.

OK. First, you are definitely not my friend as friends do not "name call", try to belittle, and act as a general sh*thead to other friends. So, thankful, I am more than glad to say you are not my friend.

Second, show me where I was being a big cry baby in my post? I believe I said "So, if you're not taking advantage of one of the reward programs, thank you for paying more for your gas so I can pay less with the programs (at least when I have rewards available)." Hardly b*tching about it. Of course, if you want to just go ahead and spew names at me, fine. I would be concerned if it were coming from most anyone else.

"Judge rules. Point stands." Of course it does because you say so. We should all drop to are knees and praise the wisdom of du Nerd.

And what original and witty sarcasm. You truly cut me to the quick. Wink, wink.

No, I like my consumption patterns and taking advantage of what's offered while most continue on blindly paying more and more.

Oh the chills!! I've finally reach the level of being told to "zip it" by du Nerd.

A rube?!? I shall consider that a compliment coming from such a noteworthy pr*ck.

Please feel free to continue if you wish, just know, it will be ignored.

Comment

I wonder what percentage of Wu du Nord's posts on here are WSU or sports related?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            wichita prices, with the crooks circled. Interestingly this is probably the most uniform the prices have been across Wichita.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]400[/ATTACH]
            I don't know for sure, but some of those at 10 cents more MAY have the no-ethanol gasoline. The Conoco at Kellogg and Greenwich is always a dime more, but they sell the no-ethanol gasoline. I haven't done a test tank on my Saturn to see if the no-ethanol version makes a 10 cent a gallon difference in MPG. I know it will improve my MPG a bit, but not sure about enough to offset 10 cents a gallon.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

You are correct about the Conoco. Same for the Cenex between Tyler and Maize. I know some who will only put ethanol-free gas in their cars. I don't in mine, but that just a matter of convenience. I do, however, only put "pure" gas in all of my 2-cycle engines.

From last April:

Ethanol mixed with gasoline is corroding and damaging outdoor equipment at an alarming clip. As a result, a new market is growing in the U.S.: Ethanol-free gas packaged in small cans that promise to make your small engines last.

How to find ethanol-free gas:

Pure-gas.org is the definitive web site listing stations that sell pure gasoline in the U.S. and Canada.
              That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                OH GEE!! Where to start, where to start.

OK. First, you are definitely not my friend as friends do not "name call", try to belittle, and act as a general sh*thead to other friends. So, thankful, I am more than glad to say you are not my friend.

Second, show me where I was being a big cry baby in my post? I believe I said "So, if you're not taking advantage of one of the reward programs, thank you for paying more for your gas so I can pay less with the programs (at least when I have rewards available)." Hardly b*tching about it. Of course, if you want to just go ahead and spew names at me, fine. I would be concerned if it were coming from most anyone else.

"Judge rules. Point stands." Of course it does because you say so. We should all drop to are knees and praise the wisdom of du Nerd.

And what original and witty sarcasm. You truly cut me to the quick. Wink, wink.

No, I like my consumption patterns and taking advantage of what's offered while most continue on blindly paying more and more.

Oh the chills!! I've finally reach the level of being told to "zip it" by du Nerd.

A rube?!? I shall consider that a compliment coming from such a noteworthy pr*ck.

Please feel free to continue if you wish, just know, it will be ignored.
                Apologies, I had no idea that those few pennies at the pump were so important to you. Perhaps if you had a better education (your writing skills betray you) or worked harder at your job, then you wouldn't have to stress about the small things in life. There's a big bright (getting warmer every year) world out there, and I hope your future is more concerned with smelling flowers than sniffing after greasy nickels in the take-a-penny-leave-a-penny dish at Kwik Shop.
                I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  I wonder what percentage of Wu du Nord's posts on here are WSU or sports related?
                  The likelihood of my posts in the Off-topic subforum contributing to a thread entitled 'The High Cost of Gasoline in Wichita' being somehow WSU related or sports related probably approaches zero. I will grant, of course, that that percentage depends on a definition of sport that doesn't include teasing the poor people obsessed with gas prices. According to one definition, that is classified as sport, or making-sport, if you will.

Thanks! :-)

Comment

Perhaps if you had a better education (your writing skills betray you) or worked harder at your job, then you wouldn't have to stress about the small things in life.
                    Well if you are trying to come across as you a condescending ***** - success. I really think u owe him an apology. If you are not man enough to realize u have stepped across the line of being a gentleman then maybe u need to step away from the keyboard awhile.

Comment

It's all he knows SB.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Back to the topic.

It is rarely the the guy who takes the biggest risk (the farmer, rancher, fisherman) who makes the huge profits from a product.

If you look deep enough you will normally find it is the middle guy who rakes off the biggest profit.

Been driving all around New England for the past two weeks and the folks in Vermont are up in arms. Gas varies from $3.69 to $3.53. But what really has them upset and one of their Senators is calling for a federal investigation into the subject (good luck) is that the Distributors are raking them off. Last year they were making around 17-20 cents a gallon. Now it is varying from 59-63 cents, nearly three times as much. And the poor guy selling the gas at the station is lucky to get around 7 cents a gallon.

Up until last week, they had no reports of anyone driving off and not paying for their gas. As soon as this story hit the front pages, they had five incidents. And who did they cheat, the poor guy making the least profit. Figures.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          Well if you are trying to come across as you a condescending ***** - success. I really think u owe him an apology. If you are not man enough to realize u have stepped across the line of being a gentleman then maybe u need to step away from the keyboard awhile.
                          I really hope you were intending to be ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            It's all he knows SB.
                            HEY! Foul. I thought you would appreciate my sudden swing towards Libertarian idealism.

Comment

I spent a year on the west coast (California and Oregon, with a little Idaho, Nevada, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alabama and Georgia thrown in.) The prices in Wichita were at least a dollar less than California and Oregon (and I hate the lack of self-serve in Oregon); I did not notice a huge difference in price in the midwest.

This thread sounds like a fine w(h)ine to me.
                              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Wu da Nerd is a tool whose common sensibilities have been infected by the fact that he lives in a part of the world that is cold, overtaxed, suicidal, and utterly irrelevant. His prose on this forum is nothing more than a thinly veiled bluff hiding the reality of his insecurity and desperation. Whenever 'da Nerd posts, all I see is this..

3552614097_4fb78ed3e7.jpg Rawrrrrrr...

T

...:cool:

Comment

Working...
                                X