• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only we can't drink oil...
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Drought’s Footprint

More than half of the country was under moderate to extreme drought in June.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If you think a good steak is high priced now............................just wait.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          If you think a good steak is high priced now............................just wait.
          We'll have to eat more chicken!

Comment

Comment

I saw several farmers combining corn yesterday. It's 2 months early for that. $9 a bushell corn and $16 beans are gonna make food mighty expensive all around. Beef will skyrocket. And anything made from grain will be crazy too.

Comment

The news today reports that two thirds of the country is in drought conditions and it is going to get worse.

Comment

All I know is this, we got a little rain least week here in Omaha a few days ago. I don't so much care but my wife made me bring my son to Webelo camp this weekend. Scouts sucks and 99% of the kids here are dorks. Since we have had such little rain over the last month, they won't even let us have a campfire. Furthermore, the Jackwagon pack leader sent out an email
                  us from bringing beer. I guess there is a rule about that in scouting...It is after one in the morning,I can't sleep and I can say is that they never said we couldn't augment our lemonade with vodka. Only two of us figured that loophole out. We are hammered and there isn't an empty beer in sight! There may be a drought, but there is plenty of fermented potato mash to go aroundI God I love vodka, but I Cant stand these scouting dorks.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I hope my drunken post wasn't to bad, but it's tough when you ate drinking vodka, trying to post on a virtual keyboard, at a campsite that bans alcohol and you are surrounded by a bunch of poindexters with little chance of ever getting laid. When I get home, gonna punch that boys mother in the mouth.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Comment

I work at the El Dorado Livestock Auction, in which their was a piece on KWCH 10pm newscast Thursday about how busy we are. The fact of the matter is we are way down from business last year. We sold a whopping 1300 head on Thursday when last year we probably sold 3500-4000. The main reason for that is that ranchers in this area were not able to put as many head on their land as they did at the beginning of last year because of the drought. Cow numbers are way down and we are selling a ton of cows for slaughter because, the market for slaughter cows has been so good - though that is changing. Calf numbers are also close to record lows for this area, I know at the West Plains Missouri Auction they are selling an all time low number of calves.

The best hope for ranchers in this area is for an extremely wet winter, in which they are able to restock their pastures fully while the supply for beef remains low, they could do quite well if that were to happen next summer.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

here is what it will take to break the drought (at least 2 weeks ago)

Capture.JPG

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X