• Show
Clear All

no

Comment

0.08" downtown Wichita - Not enough to matter

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
        0.08" downtown Wichita - Not enough to matter
        Is that seriously all? I was down there for lunch with my girlfriend and it was absolutely pouring. Would have guessed more than .08. That's still more than we got in Benton apparently. I was told it last all of about 10 seconds here. But I got poured on in Downtown Wichita, East Wichita and Andover.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I believe the Andover area got between .25 and .35. I had 1/3 inch in my rain gauge.

Comment

3.5" the past 2 hours. Rained the last 13 days.

Would share if I could.

Comment

Comment

As of today, there have been 18 triple digit degree days.
                Last year at this time, there were 26 days.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneShocker View Post
                  Why is the big dark area east of the turnpike?????

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    Because their Avg. precipitation is higher than Wichita. The further east you go the higher average precip. the further west you go is the opposite.

Comment

Because their Avg. precipitation is higher than Wichita. The further east you go the higher average precip. the further west you go is the opposite.
                      Ya think!! I believe that would be incorrect. It has nothing to do with how much rain an area normally gets compared to other areas in Kansas.

The light green areas have had a normal to slightly more than normal amount of rain during that period (0 to plus .75). The yellow areas are slightly less than normal (0 to minus .75). Therfore, the biggest area in Kansas that has the greatest negative departure from normal would be the dark brown (minus 3.75 or greater). Sedgwick county has gotten anywhere from 2.25 to 3.75 less than normal. Don't get me wrong. The dark brown area east of Sedgwick county may have actually gotten more rain than Sedgwick county, but their departure from their norm is greater.

In other words, if your norm for that time period is 3.5 inches and you got .25, your departure from normal is a minus 3.25 inches (light brown).

If your norm for that period is 4.25 inches and you got .35, your departure from normal is minus 3.90 inches (dark brown).
                      Last edited by ShockTalk; July 21, 2012, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Ya think!! I believe that would be incorrect. It has nothing to do with how much rain an area normally gets compared to other areas in Kansas.

The light green areas have had a normal to slightly more than normal amount of rain during that period (0 to plus .75). The yellow areas are slightly less than normal (0 to minus .75). Therfore, the biggest area in Kansas that has the greatest negative departure from normal would be the dark brown (minus 3.75 or greater). Sedgwick county has gotten anywhere from 2.25 to 3.75 less than normal. Don't get me wrong. The dark brown area east of Sedgwick county may have actually gotten more rain than Sedgwick county, but their departure from their norm is greater.

In other words, if your norm for that time period is 3.5 inches and you got .25, your departure from normal is a minus 3.25 inches (light brown).

If your norm for that period is 4.25 inches and you got .35, your departure from normal is minus 3.90 inches (dark brown).
                        Because their average precipitation is higher! East of the turnpike & Sedgwick both got nothing!

Comment

We are in an extreme drought. East of the Turnpike is classified as Moderate - Severe Drought.

Comment

Because their average precipitation is higher! East of the turnpike & Sedgwick both got nothing!
                            You are a real work of art. I said that they get more average rain east of Sedgwick county. As far as your second statement, you're again wrong. Much of far eastern Sedgwick county received about .25 to .33 of an inch just a few days ago. I got .35 in my rain gauge. It wasn't much, but it isn't "nothing".

Comment

We are in an extreme drought. East of the Turnpike is classified as Moderate - Severe Drought.
                              The level of drought an area is in has much more to do with the last 3 months than just the one month you were posting about, so don't mix the two conversations.

I have now learned my lesson in regards to replying to one of your posts. You're nothing more than an attention whore. Out.

Comment

I went to Dodge Ciry Saturday (7/21). The unirrigated crops west of Hutchinson are non-existent. The remnants of the plants are there, but I doubt anyone can get the cost of gas for running a combine through those fields.

The irrigated stuff looks REALLY good, but the million-year-old water in the Oglalla aquifer is as much a non-renewable resource as oil.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X